5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 48 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    bmos and pr6i6e6st I took the liberty and moved and much in the extension of you, I apologize for the boldness even.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I add 1 day it appears duplicate in the chat.
    When I create events:
    minutes | hours | days the message appears in the chat
    But when I close and open the campaign I have to do the ritual of hiding and showing the event, deactivating and reactivating so that the message appears again in the chat.
    And every time I start the message nil appears on top of everything in the chat.

Another thing that I think would be cool, but is beyond my reach would be to have seconds and a kind of play | pause for me to set the date and time and let the time roll, and at special moments to pause that time and even more define this passing time in second, I know that what I'm going to do is ugly to mention another platform, but on Foundry you can do it, but the case is ... I like FG, I have FG and I want to do it and my vague knowledge says. ..is possible especially at FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    bmos and pr6i6e6st I took the liberty and moved and much in the extension of you, I apologize for the boldness even.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I add 1 day it appears duplicate in the chat.
    When I create events:
    minutes | hours | days the message appears in the chat
    But when I close and open the campaign I have to do the ritual of hiding and showing the event, deactivating and reactivating so that the message appears again in the chat.
    And every time I start the message nil appears on top of everything in the chat.
    It appears that the code for checking whether the event has completed only gets run if you have opened the events list. This is not your fault, it's just how it was made to work (the script is in the windowclass for that UI element, so it isn't loaded until you open the events list). You don't need to enable/disable or hide/show it. You can just open the list of events.
    It looks like a useful feature, so I might take a look at reworking that part sometime, but pr6i6e6st might come back (it has only been a couple of months) and I don't want to be seen as 'taking over' if that's the case.

Another thing that I think would be cool, but is beyond my reach would be to have seconds and a kind of play | pause for me to set the date and time and let the time roll, and at special moments to pause that time and even more define this passing time in second, I know that what I'm going to do is ugly to mention another platform, but on Foundry you can do it, but the case is ... I like FG, I have FG and I want to do it and my vague knowledge says. ..is possible especially at FGU.
    I don't think anyone minds you mentioning Foundry, they have an interesting product that is pushing other VTT's to innovate and they should all get better as a result. Unfortunately, I don't think real-time code like that can be done in FG without SmiteWorks getting involved, but I have branched out my use of ClockAdjusterPFRPG to include 6 second rounds in my Disease Tracker (it rolls saving throws when needed so we don't forget).
    I was looking at the code of ClockAdjuster and it seems that pr6i6e6st was hoping to do similar (but without the live clock aspect).
    Last edited by bmos; October 1st, 2020 at 02:24.

I managed to solve the duplicate day ... now I just need to find out what is generating the word nil in the chat.

I managed to solve the duplicate day ... now I just need to find out what is generating the word nil in the chat.
    That's line 392 in desktop_panels.xml

bmos line 392 for this message?

Attachment 39862

bmos line 392 for this message?

Attachment 39862
    yes. it is trying to post that database node as a debug message in chat (that is what debug.chat does) but the node it is asking for doesn't exist and is therefore nil.

Perfect! Thanks for the help bmos.

Perfect! Thanks for the help bmos.
    Yako2020! Care to spread the wealth with your Gurps Brethren? Is the gurps clock adjuster working?

Posted in GURPS forum seycyrus with another extensions.
    Yes work well in both FG's but the FGU has a error when the year change, the calendar changes to something very crazy.

Thread Information