DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Hi, Andraax. I feel like this is the method that would work best for me, since I don't want my NPC links broken if I happen to unload a token pack. Where do you put your token folder so that it allows you the option to include it in exporting it out as part of the module you are working on? I didn't see a way to only include some things in an area (like a certain folder under 'Images' vs. it including all local images not already assigned to a moduel). In this case - tokens.

You create a folder called "tokens" in your campaign directory (the campaign you're making your module from...) Drop your needed tokens in there. Then make copies of any creatures you want, and drop the tokens (they'll be in a bag called "campaign") onto the new NPC records. When you export your module, check the "all" for NPCs, and your copied NPCs and their tokens will all be put into the module. When you open that module in your playing campaign, the tokens will be available and the NPCs will be properly linked to their tokens. When the module is closed, the NPCs and the tokens all go away.
    Last edited by Andraax; July 2nd, 2018 at 23:54.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Hi, Andraax. I feel like this is the method that would work best for me, since I don't want my NPC links broken if I happen to unload a token pack. Where do you put your token folder so that it allows you the option to include it in exporting it out as part of the module you are working on? I didn't see a way to only include some things in an area (like a certain folder under 'Images' vs. it including all local images not already assigned to a moduel). In this case - tokens.
    I'm pretty sure that Moon or someone has said that a token module does not need to actually be loaded in order for FG to find and use the tokens from a token module.

Token folders have two storage location choices "tokens/shared" and "tokens/host". I believe you can use sub-folders in both of them (I know you can in shared). If you add tokens to an NPC and you export that NPC, then the token will be exported automatically.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Moon or someone has said that a token module does not need to actually be loaded in order for FG to find and use the tokens from a token module.
    To clarify - if you have already linked a token from a module, then in future that module does not need to be activated in order for the token link to work. The token module name is part of the link, and token modules act differently than normal modules - the link is valid as long as the original token module is installed on the GMs computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi. I just tried creating a token module following the steps in the video and it seemed to go fine. Placed the mod file in the modules folder. Restarted FG. I can't find my tokens in either Modules or tokens. I feel like I am missing something. Thanks for your time.

Have you gone to the Tokens window and clicked the modules button - does your module appear there?

If not, how did you ZIP your token module? Use ZIP compression (not RAR or anything else). Make sure you ZIP from within the directory that you used to create the module files - not from outside the directory. Make sure you have "Hide file extensions for known file types" disabled in file explorer - otherwise you may have a file with .mod.zip double extensions, which FG won't see.

If you've done all of that, remove the image files from your token module and post the remaining .mod file here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did not see the module by opening the module through the tokens window. I used ZIP compression. I am not sure about the rest of it. I unzipped the mod file and it looks ok. I removed the images and have pasted it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cdhyanchand View Post
    I did not see the module by opening the module through the tokens window. I used ZIP compression. I am not sure about the rest of it. I unzipped the mod file and it looks ok. I removed the images and have pasted it here.
    Thanks for supplying the module file - it has been ZIPped from outside the directory - as soon as you open the module you see the top level directory, you don't see the module files. ZIP from within the directory you used to put the files together.

Thread Information