DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thanks. This is... insightful. Turns out fantasy grounds does interesting things with the xml structure that I didn't realize. I'll try and get this updated and pushed by this time tomorrow.

This has been updated!
    • Hired adventurers to squash more bugs
    • Made a deal with Cthulhu to associate the correct power groups with the correct class (It assumes that the spell group includes the name of the class, or that the class that can cast spells, but doesn't have its name as a part of a group, is the default spell group)
    • update the error logging to catch the kobolds sneaking around the back

Moratini, I tested with your xmls, and they all appear to be working...All but one of them showed me a bug somewhere in my code, so thanks . It should be safe to remove your attached file now if you want.

This is great! Thanks! Here's another error:converter error.PNG

It does the same with each of the character sheet versions. I have 4 players, 3 worked just fine. Hope this helps.

Is there any objection or reason not to use the AL tools online?
    https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx
    Other than not printing offline? Nice to have options, good work!

Laerun

ps. One caveat, do not use weird characters like hyphens or apostrophes in your 'Name' field or it will break the conversion.
    Last edited by Laerun; August 19th, 2019 at 01:41.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Good work!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Catalyst20XX, it appears that you have a weapon that doesn't have a damage type specified.

Thanks for screenshot. I updated the application so an empty type will no longer break it...as well as a few other empty fields that had potential to cause issue.

Laerun

I've definitely tried that one, but I'm not really big on register walls...if that makes sense. Just personal preference. I also have a preference for standalone applications since they have better support for things like multi-threading.

Hmm...that issue with the special characters tells me that, depending on what is being used to do the conversion, the characters may need to be encoded before they're read, then decoded when placed into the pdf. Or if a regular expressions are being used, look for the matching opening and closing xml tags, and blindly grab the content between them. Or do what I did and use a library that parses html or xml.

Hi, I tried the adventurers league converter, to convert FGU characters to PDF and it had the ability scores where the modifiers where supposed to be. Does anyone know where I went wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate927 View Post
    Hi, I tried the adventurers league converter, to convert FGU characters to PDF and it had the ability scores where the modifiers where supposed to be. Does anyone know where I went wrong?
    You probably did nothing wrong. Have to see what someone else says, but do be aware that some character sheets intentionally switch the score and the modifier (Since some people prefer the modifier score to be larger than the attribute value.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

do you know if there is a way to correct it?

Blog Entries
    I haven't used this one, but its not wrong, just not what you want/expect You can change the code of the program (use the Bit Bucket link) to swap the fields. Have you tried the online printer listed in post #14? I think it does it the way you want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information