5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 31 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    I am having an issue getting your Ext to load. I am on the latest FG version I have save your base ext and all of your other ext. I have several other ext loaded just fine. Guessing I missed something.
    Its very hard to know how to give advice other than dulux_oz's advice without any info other than "I am having an issue getting your Ext to load". Are there any eror messages, do you see anything if you turn on /console and do a /reload?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its very hard to know how to give advice other than dulux_oz's advice without any info other than "I am having an issue getting your Ext to load". Are there any eror messages, do you see anything if you turn on /console and do a /reload?

Just tried your suggestion and I got no errors, but did learn about "/reload". Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Which Ruleset?

Sorry I started in the 5e rule set forum and missed that it jumped out. I really did think about adding that but did not want to be redundant.

Have you tried loading the Extension without any othert Extensions loaded?

No, but tring now......

Ok took everything out of the extensions folder then added back in "DOEBase.ext" and "AlignmentGraph.ext"

No errors in "/console" on reload

In the FG chat window I get the following

5E ruleset v3.1.5 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

CoreRPG ruleset v3.1.5 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Custom desktop decal

Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Anything else I can try?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

When troubleshooting you can never be redundant

OK, so can you load the DOEBase extension into the 5E Ruleset by itself?

Also, what do you mean when you say you are having trouble loading the Extension? - what is happening/not happening that you expect to happen? The more info you can supply the better.

Can you also try things with a fresh 5E campaign and with the CoreRPG Ruleset - I'm also going to assume that there are no Extensions (apart from those two) listed with red or pale-red dots beside them (no, I don't think you're stupid, I'm simply making 100% we're talking about exactly the same thing)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Can you also try things with a fresh 5E campaign and with the CoreRPG Ruleset - I'm also going to assume that there are no Extensions (apart from those two) listed with red or pale-red dots beside them (no, I don't think you're stupid, I'm simply making 100% we're talking about exactly the same thing)

Crap, I swear all I had to do in the past was drop the new extension in the folder and it would load into game game.
    I now see that (and probable just forgot) that you also need to make sure they are selected in the campaign selection window.

Problem solved

Thank you for helping me see the forest.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

No problem - glad you got it sorted
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

OK, I think - THINK - I've worked out a solution to our "intermittent name change" issue - the new release will/does have the fix

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new versions of any other DOEs you may be using.

As normal, if you have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi Everybody,

Minor bug fix update in Post #1
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Is there a way to get your extensions to work with Vampire the Masquerade rulesets? I looked but I don't think they are supported at this time.

Hi Doomskull,

The problem is is that the Vampire Ruleset is not built on top of the CoreRPG (I could be wrong, so please let me know if I am). One of the reasons SW went to the whole "Cascading Ruleset" model when we went to FGv3 was that we were having to reinvent the wheel every time we did a new ruleset (that's us the Community Devs and SmiteWorks themselves). Now, Moon Wizard has pulled all the "common" stuff into the CoreRPG and we now layer on top of it any Ruleset-specific stuff. This allows us to more rapidly develop Rulesets and also to develop Extensions which can be non-Ruleset specific (it can still be a PITA, but its now doable).

To make any of my Extensions compatible with with a non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset would be a major rewrite, and one I'd have to do for EACH Ruleset - this would be a backward step, as I estimate the same amount of work would be required to bring the non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset up to the "Cascading Ruleset standard". A lot of the Community Devs are slowly working on getting their non-CoreRPG-child Rulesets up to standard, but some Devs have determined that the reward gained for the effort required is not worth it. I'd suggest seeing who the original Dev of the Vampire Ruleset is/was and seeing if they're updating it or would be willing to update it. If not, then maybe someone else would like to (for example, I'm currently updating the Dragon Warriors Ruleset to the Cascading Ruleset standard as I've got permission from the original Dev to do so). Unfortunately, I'm not prepared to do any Ruleset-updates/rewrites for a Ruleset I'm not interested in as a hobby (Vampire I'm not) - and as a paid professional I don't link most people can afford my rates over the time it'll take to do it (100's of man-hours - just ask Patriarch how long we've been working on the 13th Age )

So, unless I'm wrong and Vampire is a CoreRPG-child, then I don't see the rewrite of the Extension(s) happening - sorry.

If you'd like some further insight into the FG Architecture and how the Cascading Ruleset Model works, read this.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10