DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    More info on the clone tool here: https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html

Clone takes some part of your map (the source) and clones it to somewhere else. As Xorne was doing in the video - he selects a blank portion of the map as the source and then clones this over the section of the map he wants to overwrite with data from the source.

If you set the source as the apex of a grid where there are no GM markings (CTRL+Left Click exactly on the apex with the mouse cursor - you will see cross-hairs appear at the exact point you selected) and then start cloning exactly on an apex where you wish to overwrite with the source (position the mouse cursor exactly on the apex and left-click-and-hold) then move your mouse (still holding the left mouse button down) to cover the extents of the area you wish to overwrite.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am a PFS GM who, because of a move away from my group and limited mobility issues, is looking to run PFS games using Teamspeak / Fantasy Grounds starting this Winter. Where can I find good practices / basics on getting this Paizo legal accomplished? I saw your posts on the Journal sheets needing to be hand filled, and I am getting tidbits here and there.
    Is it advised to get scans of their last chronicle/ equipment logs pre game emailed?
    Character sheets in FG2/Hero Lab/.pdf?
    What about proof of purchases to make sure they have all the books legal?
    I am looking at the Paizo boards too to try and figure this bit out, but so looking forward to it.
    Thanks for any pointers / help.
    Last edited by iemckinnon; December 7th, 2015 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by iemckinnon View Post
    I saw your posts on the Journal sheets needing to be hand filled, and I am getting tidbits here and there
    You have to provide a chronicle sheet that is created from the page at the back of the scenario played. As a minimum it must have the session data (the sections highlighted in grey). A lot of FG GMs will fully complete the chronicle sheet - giving the players a complete record. The sheet is provided in electronic format - in such a format that shouldn't allow the player to easily change the data. This is usually a PDF or an image file - it depends on the tools available to you. If you have a PDF application that allows creation of PDF forms and then digitally signing of the PDF (remember to set the PDF to be read-only/locked fields when signing) then this might be the easiest approach. If not, you can make an image file of the page and fill in text through a graphics app - then save as a JPG or similar. Some GMs who have a scanner print out the blank sheets, hand fill them in, scan the sheet and send the scan to the players. It's up to you - as long as the sheet is made from the one in the back of the scenario and has the minimum session data in read-only format.

Is it advised to get scans of their last journal sheet/ Equipment logs pre game emailed?
    Most GMs do this - as it will help in filling out the chronicle after the game and give an idea of where the PC is in their PFS "career". This is up to you if you want to review prior to the game, or want it to make creation of the chronicle afterwards easier. Some GMs ask the players to fill out a pre-chronicle before or after the game with all of the details needed to create the end chronicle.

Character sheets in FG2/Hero Lab/.pdf?
    Ask for them in that order of preference. The players should spend the time to put their PC in FG format to enable them to play PFS on FG. You might have to help a newcomer get going, but regular FG players should provide you with their PC in FG importable XML format. It's all about making your job as a GM easier - you have enough to do as it is. Plus, if the player has made the PC in FG they should be at least vaguely familiar with the interface and how their PC will work within FG.

What about proof of purchases to make sure they have all the books legal?
    It's very rare for GMs to ask for this. Perhaps if you continually get a specific player who is using feats/abilities/spells from obscure books, and doesn't know how they'd work/can't provide details, then you'd consider privately asking them if they have the relevant books for their PC build.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick reply Trenloe, that helps.
    I have the full version of Acrobat for my research, so the digitally signed PDFs are no problem, nor are scanning hand-filled out sheets. So I am good there.
    I am reasonably set up on the FG2 front. I already use it to run a weekly RotRL game with my old gaming group. I also have most of Years 5, 6, and what I have of 7 put in.
    I think I am about ready to take this step. :-)
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by iemckinnon; December 7th, 2015 at 17:32.

Thanks for the tracking sheet...it saves and continues to be fillable so the same PDF can continue to be used.

Blog Entries
    I have difficulty making sense of the OGL and Paizo's community use stuff; sometimes they seem to contradict themselves...

If the PFRPG had its own character sheet with a PFS tab (like 5E does with the AL stuff) and a module where players could drag and drop which scenarios they've completed onto that tab, is that too specific for the usage policies? Or would that be allowed?

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. It's just a list of stuff you've done, you are supposed to keep track of which scenarios you've played.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information