DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Please help with fonts.

Chat does not understand the Cyrillic alphabet, tell me how to change the default font.

Fonts are bitmaps stored in .fgf files in the ruleset. You can generate your own using a font generator on the downloads page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/).
    This will mean some basic customisation, such as unpacking the ruleset (if in a .PAK) file.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thank you for your help.

Same issue here .... What a shame that for 100Eur game (Ultimate) I have to spent your time for something so trivial such as to CHANGE THE APPLICATION INTERFACE FONT ! WTF?!?

Hello,

I'm using Czech special characters and they are not displayed correctly (in whole user interface, not only on chat window).
    I did not find any possibility how to change the font or encoding. Also I do not know how to change font size.

Only advice I found was to use some additional tool (font generator) to replace the font - for such a simple thing which I consider a base feature of almost any app.
    (not mentioning that I did not found it yet, it is not on the provided URL in the post above)
    Last edited by Riffage; January 9th, 2017 at 14:48.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffage View Post
    Hello,

I'm using Czech special characters and they are not displayed correctly (in whole user interface, not only on chat window).
    I did not find any possibility how to change the font or encoding. Also I do not know how to change font size.

Only advice I found was to use some additional tool to replace the font, which sounds like from another planet to me.
    Hi Riffage - on this current game engine there is no support for other character sets. You can only use the current character set. The font tool above is to change fonts only and FG also supports true type fonts so it is not necessary either.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Riffage - on this current game engine there is no support for other character sets. You can only use the current character set. The font tool above is to change fonts only and FG also supports true type fonts so it is not necessary either.
    Necropost XD
    Riffage means he cant type any Czech letters in there. And actually i have the same problem, find the solution please. We cant type in our native languages. Please add Cyrillic.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasDM View Post
    Necropost XD
    Riffage means he cant type any Czech letters in there. And actually i have the same problem, find the solution please. We cant type in our native languages. Please add Cyrillic.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Unfortunately, you won't see anything like Cyrillic support in Fantasy Grounds Classic (the current version of FG) as the way the fonts work is pretty much a core part of the application and it would be a massive task to try to change that. This may come into FG Unity in the future, here is a recent comment on that from the devs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post460784
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Unfortunately, you won't see anything like Cyrillic support in Fantasy Grounds Classic (the current version of FG) as the way the fonts work is pretty much a core part of the application and it would be a massive task to try to change that. This may come into FG Unity in the future, here is a recent comment on that from the devs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post460784
    And i've found the solution for russian and some others languages https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post358965 look at the bottom links.
    Please pin it to FAQ and wiki page. And give that guy something worthy for his job.

Thread Information