Starfinder Playlist
Page 52 of 76 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That all looks good avalentine.
    Can you close FG. Delete the rules from Windows Firewall. Then launch FG and tick to allow it on all networks. Post a screenshot of the FG rules.
    Can you post a screen shot of the Port forward rules.
    Can you confirm you are running FGU or FGC?
    Thank you for taking a look with me. I closed FG, deleted the rules from Windows Firewall and then launched FG allowing it on all networks. I also had it update since I saw some come out. Below you will find the requested screenshots. Firewall had two but I only uploaded the one shot showing the TCP (the other is identical save for UDP). I can confirm that I am running FGU.
    FGU_TCP_Rules.JPG
    Port_Forward_Rule.JPG

1 Private Hop
    This is the most common setup.
    Log onto your router - its the same IP address as reported by Hop 1 - via a web browser - something like: https://192.168.1.1
    Different routers will have different methods of doing this.
    Typically the option will be called Port Forwarding or Virtual Servers but could be something else.
    Create a new Port Forward Rule (or Virtual Server) for
    TCP 1802 going to 1802 and select your computer name or IP Address (that is the Internal Address reported by Fantasy Grounds) of your computer
    If it asks for a range use 1802 - 1802
    If you need to setup a custom service - define it as Fantasy Grounds or FG and set the incoming ports as TCP 1802 and the destination as 1802. You then assign this service to your GM computer name/ip.

Retest the Connection after doing these steps.
    If successful you can stop there or you may choose to address the possible challenge that your GM computer IP can change over time.
    You can either manually set your GM computers IP address as a specific static address - you would then exclude that IP address from the DHCP range on the router -or-
    Use the DHCP server to set a DHCP Static Reservation for your computer - this is my preferred method.
    If you dont do one of these steps you may later have to update the Port Forward rule to your new IP if it change

So I'm atempting step 1 from the original post and I'm already lost. here is a snip of my router's vertual server setings page.
    VertualServer.PNG

I'm assuming the service port and the internal port are the ones that have to be 1802?
    I don't see anything about the common service port.

Why do you have to be a network engineer to make a simple program work?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avalentine View Post
    Thank you for taking a look with me. I closed FG, deleted the rules from Windows Firewall and then launched FG allowing it on all networks. I also had it update since I saw some come out. Below you will find the requested screenshots. Firewall had two but I only uploaded the one shot showing the TCP (the other is identical save for UDP). I can confirm that I am running FGU.
    This thread is a FGC thread.

FGU has two modes of operation - direct connect (like FGC) and via a matchmaking server (lobby)
    If you are doing the direct connect method this post is mostly relevant except for one big thing - FGU uses UDP and not TCP.
    Update your rules to use UDP - router and firewall.
    Also post a screenshot of your Load Campaign screen please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyB1969 View Post
    1 Private Hop
    This is the most common setup.
    Log onto your router - its the same IP address as reported by Hop 1 - via a web browser - something like: https://192.168.1.1
    Different routers will have different methods of doing this.
    Typically the option will be called Port Forwarding or Virtual Servers but could be something else.
    Create a new Port Forward Rule (or Virtual Server) for
    TCP 1802 going to 1802 and select your computer name or IP Address (that is the Internal Address reported by Fantasy Grounds) of your computer
    If it asks for a range use 1802 - 1802
    If you need to setup a custom service - define it as Fantasy Grounds or FG and set the incoming ports as TCP 1802 and the destination as 1802. You then assign this service to your GM computer name/ip.

Retest the Connection after doing these steps.
    If successful you can stop there or you may choose to address the possible challenge that your GM computer IP can change over time.
    You can either manually set your GM computers IP address as a specific static address - you would then exclude that IP address from the DHCP range on the router -or-
    Use the DHCP server to set a DHCP Static Reservation for your computer - this is my preferred method.
    If you dont do one of these steps you may later have to update the Port Forward rule to your new IP if it change

So I'm atempting step 1 from the original post and I'm already lost. here is a snip of my router's vertual server setings page.
    VertualServer.PNG

I'm assuming the service port and the internal port are the ones that have to be 1802?
    I don't see anything about the common service port.

Why do you have to be a network engineer to make a simple program work?
    Hi RandyB1969

Thats a good start. You should put your computers LAN address in the IP Address field. Everything else looks ok.

To your last question. In most cases (although with changes that ISPs are making the number of instances this doesnt work are increasing) it just works. This instructions are for when it doesnt work.

Are you running FGC or FGU? If you are unable to work through this post and the Questions you might consider using FGU and the lobby and then you do not need to do any of these steps.

This thread is a FGC thread.

FGU has two modes of operation - direct connect (like FGC) and via a matchmaking server (lobby)
    If you are doing the direct connect method this post is mostly relevant except for one big thing - FGU uses UDP and not TCP.
    Update your rules to use UDP - router and firewall.
    Also post a screenshot of your Load Campaign screen please.
    Well how about that! If I had read the sentences in BOLD on the very first page.... lol!!! Alrighty. So I took a closer look at my settings. Reread the "Getting Started", with a clear head and one of my players was able to connect to it. Thank you for taking a look at all of my stuff and straightening me out! Stay safe out there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avalentine View Post
    Well how about that! If I had read the sentences in BOLD on the very first page.... lol!!! Alrighty. So I took a closer look at my settings. Reread the "Getting Started", with a clear head and one of my players was able to connect to it. Thank you for taking a look at all of my stuff and straightening me out! Stay safe out there!
    hahaha - no.
    I added that line after your post - all good - and congrats on getting it working!

Heya disneytodd

In your screenshot you are Port Forwarding to 192.168.1.164 but you have listed your IP address as 192.168.1.161
    Make sure that these are the same
    Your absolutely right ive tried all day and still trying to fix not sure how to add the IP address I found the router Manuel online and still cant seem to figure this issue out hopefully someone knows a way to help. here is a screen shot of my options on the port forward.
    Screenshot (30).png

Hi RandyB1969

Thats a good start. You should put your computers LAN address in the IP Address field. Everything else looks ok.

To your last question. In most cases (although with changes that ISPs are making the number of instances this doesnt work are increasing) it just works. This instructions are for when it doesnt work.

Are you running FGC or FGU? If you are unable to work through this post and the Questions you might consider using FGU and the lobby and then you do not need to do any of these steps.
    Well, I took a shot and left the Common Service Port blank. Then went to the next IP (Because I have a separate modem/router setup) and it would not let me put the IP for the router. Luckily it wanted to auto populate that box and since the IP wasn't working I tried letting it. It seems to be working now. At least I got a successful test. Now I get to try to walk my brother through all of this because he is the one that was trying to host the game in the first place. I was just trying to make it work so I could help him.

BTW, we are trying to use FGC. He had already gotten what I hope was the one month license for FGC before I looked into FGU and the licenses are apparently different. I may be back on here a month from now trying this all over again with FGU. I appreciate your help on this. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytodd View Post
    Your absolutely right ive tried all day and still trying to fix not sure how to add the IP address I found the router Manuel online and still cant seem to figure this issue out hopefully someone knows a way to help. here is a screen shot of my options on the port forward.
    Screenshot (30).png
    You would choose your computer name from that drop down list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyB1969 View Post
    Well, I took a shot and left the Common Service Port blank. Then went to the next IP (Because I have a separate modem/router setup) and it would not let me put the IP for the router. Luckily it wanted to auto populate that box and since the IP wasn't working I tried letting it. It seems to be working now. At least I got a successful test. Now I get to try to walk my brother through all of this because he is the one that was trying to host the game in the first place. I was just trying to make it work so I could help him.

BTW, we are trying to use FGC. He had already gotten what I hope was the one month license for FGC before I looked into FGU and the licenses are apparently different. I may be back on here a month from now trying this all over again with FGU. I appreciate your help on this. Thank you
    yeah - put the GM computers IP address in that field.
    good work!

Thread Information