DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

To the GM's running Pathfinder 2e for your groups

Greetings fellow GM's.

I see a load of nice extensions but (most) are for 5E.

I am curious what Extensions or Modules you feel are 'must have' for your games (Pathfinder 2E).

Best,

Larsenex
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

None.

I should qualify that I suppose. No extension is essential or must have. The use or otherwise of any extension is subjective. What’s essential for one group or DM is useless to another. It comes down to personal preference and what you want to see in your game that the base software doesn’t have.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; April 7th, 2021 at 00:55.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The Universal Module Extension. Of course that is just due to the fact that I'm running Reign of Winter (PF1E Adventure Path) in PF2E.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension

The Basic Card Tables Extension. I have imported and implemented the Crit Hit and Crit Fumble tables, not really using it for anything else other than that though.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...les-Extensions

While not essential, these are the ones I use and my players enjoy:
    • 5e Extension - NPC Flavors - Adds fun descriptors to enemies on the combat tracker (helps differentiate between multiples of the same version and some are silly enough that they become canon lol)
    • Basic Card Deck Tables - I used this to create the Critical Hit and Critical Fumble decks in Fantasy Grounds which has been great
    • Better Save Descriptions for PFRPG2 - Helps clean up the chat a bit, but might not be as necessary with R18 once that comes out
    • Clock Adjuster - A great way of tracking time for combat rounds, 10 minute rests, events, and other things. This has significantly helped up the tension in one of my games in which we are on a bit of a timer and every minute counts
    • CoreRPG - AudioOverseer - We use Syrinscape to enhance our game and this saves me (or one of my players) a ton of time by automating the triggers
    • CoreRPG - Has initative Indicator - Adds a handy crown over the token for the current creature on the combat tracker. Used in conjunction with the NPC Flavors, this has helped my players know exactly which creature we're referring to in those encounters with more than 2 of the same type of creature
    • Feature: Theater of the Mind - A second "combat tracker" to help visualize theater of the mind events. I use this primarily for chases, but have had success tracking rooms within a location (think rooms within a haunted house or locations in a party)
    • Height - Recently added, but helpful to help track the vertical distance of a token (in the air or underground); doesn't modify the distance calculation for targeting in FG, but a great reminder that a creature is flying or there's a Fire Giant in a Hungry Pit
    • PF2e Modifiers Desktop Buttons - Handy buttons the PCs can use for Flat-Footed and Cover when making attacks
    • Player Agency - Allows for significant world building and player agency with the investigator to help keep track of clues, people, places, and other things
    • TTRPG Safety Toolkit - While I believe I know my traditional players pretty well, I frequently run games for others and I want to make sure my table is a safe space. The Safety Toolkit is essentially a digital X card as described in the Core Rulebook, but has the benefit of being anonymous. If I touch on content that players find objectionable or uncomfortable, they can anonymously give me a warning that we're approaching a moment we shouldn't RP or discuss or that we've crossed a line that has triggered something uncomfortable. It hasn't been used yet, but my players appreciate the option
    • Universal Module - This is a lifesaver for me as I'm running my core group of players through Strange Aeons converted to Second Edition. If you have material from other game systems (like PF1e), you can use this to load things. Having the story entries, maps, and everything already created and placed on the maps, and simply needing to be converted has saved me dozens of hours
    • Window Saver X - A quality of life extension that allows me to save my windows and their positions within FG and then restore them the next time I open the session. I haven't used this one in a few months so not sure if it is still supported, but a handy utility for sure!

I don't have the URLs for all of these right now, but I'm certain I could find them with a quick forum search if necessary.

On Demand Manual Dice is a big one for me - mostly so that I can duplicate a roll result if I forgot a modifier or something. Also lets me fudge the occasional roll if I need to.
    Party Item Identified honestly should just be a core feature; being able to see which items are identified or not in party loot is a huge time saver.
    And finally, massive massive thank you to PF2 Creature Parser, which has saved me literally hours of work building encounters.

I used to use Token View Options to have more fine control over health displays, but unfortunately in Unity it causes health bars to display as unreadable one-pixel-wide little things.

The one's I am using are:
    • Better Save Descriptions for PF2RPG
    • Core RPG - Combat Highlighter
    • Core RPG - Has Initiative Indicator
    • Core RPG - Party Item Identified
    • Core RPG - Wound Overlay
    • PF2E Modifiers Desktop Buttons
    • Universal Module

Though I am intrigued by some of the others that have been mentioned and may have to seek them out

Regarding "Better Save Descriptions for PFRPG2" - this overrides a main part of the PF2 save code - effectively anchoring it at March 2020. There have been some changes to this code since then - including clearer save result icons in June 2020. And this extension should not be used with the current Release 18 in the test channel - in fact, if you're doing testing in the test channel, please don't use any extensions.

If you run extensions, these override the underlying ruleset code. If that ruleset code changes, sometimes you get errors, but sometimes you won't - and you're stuck running old code that can at best mean you're missing cool new stuff, and at worst mean you're playing with broken functionality that you may not be aware of. Please keep this in mind when considering running extensions, keep the number of extensions to a minimum and always regularly check the threads of those extensions for reported issues or updates.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 7th, 2021 at 16:56.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I use
    Modifiers Desktop Buttons
    Change Profency
    Elite/Weak Effect
    SRD Raven

I need
    Diferent effect icons
    Better Inventory or mini inventory
    Invested Items Counter
    Familiar and animal companion Player Controled
    Party Inventory Tab in
    Buttom of 10 round / 60 round (For exploration uses)
    Skill Chek in the action Tab
    Combat Timer

PD> Can we have a clock inside the game window. I dont use full screen because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmep View Post
    Party Inventory Tab in
    What is it you're asking for here?

Quote Originally Posted by jackmep View Post
    Buttom of 10 round / 60 round (For exploration uses)
    Both of these can be done via the right-click menu. Are you aware of that and just asking for buttons?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Community > Thanks for these lists.

Trenloe's addendum above explaining the issue with better save descriptions is really an eye opener! (Thanks Trenloe)

What I am currently using and will modify today >

> Better save descriptions (going to remove this asap)
    > Wound Overlay (the death indicator , love this!)
    > Portals
    >Has Initiative
    > universal module
    > Player Agency
    > Clock adjuster
    >Shade Ravens modules (SR)
    > NPC's (I cant remember name of module but it has the NPC's from the DM's handbook. Such a big help as i can just modify an NPC to what I need.)

Ones I am going to add to see how they work:

>Combat Highlighter ( I think the 'has initiative will work better.)
    >Party Item identified
    > NPC Flavors (not sure if i can get this to work with pathfinder 2e but it sounds amazing.)
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Thread Information