DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 26 of 151 First ... 1624252627283676126 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I agree that ctrl + apply would be better.
    I'm planning to do some work on the ruleset this weekend. Are we all settled with Ctrl+Effect will apply the effect to the selected targets instead of Actor?

If you can think of a better interface/method, then please voice it.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

My thought on this is to have it as similar with the D20 rulesets as possible... I am not sure how they handle this.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I agree with Honken, but despite the regrets I will ask do you want to throw everything on the wish list or will it launch in stages?
    Outa thing that I find interesting is to be able to have text formatting in those notes that we can create in the character sheet and more, to be able to stop the edition after writing, as we do in the texts generated in the history button.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    My thought on this is to have it as similar with the D20 rulesets as possible... I am not sure how they handle this.

/H
    The d20 rulesets don't have that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I agree with Honken, but despite the regrets I will ask do you want to throw everything on the wish list or will it launch in stages?
    Outa thing that I find interesting is to be able to have text formatting in those notes that we can create in the character sheet and more, to be able to stop the edition after writing, as we do in the texts generated in the history button.
    It will happen in stages. I dont get much time to work on the ruleset, so I will do what I have time for and then release it.

The D&D rulesets have a toggle button to define whether effect is applied to self or targets.

Also, at least one of them (4E), has an option where you can hold control and drag an effect. If you drop on a creature, it will apply the effects to the creatures who are targeted by the current actor, but make the effects only apply when interacting with the drag target. (I think it's referred to as third party targeting.) It's for effects like giving creatures a penalty to attack, but only against the caster.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The D&D rulesets have a toggle button to define whether effect is applied to self or targets.
    Huh??? I tried this with the 5E ruleset when I investigated possible interfaces for the effects...I tried again just now and still can't drag an effect to the tracker (or apply to the current actor) and have that effect instead apply to the selected targets. I know it's possible to set that up from within the character sheet, but I must be missing a drag an drop option.

When a user double-clicks effect text or clicks an effect button on a PC sheet, the targeting option is checked to see whether to apply the effect to the PC (self) or to the targets of the PC (targets). Just add a spell with an effect to see an example in action.

When dragging an effect from a PC or NPC and the shift key is held, then the targeting option is used to determine the effect targets, but the drag target is used to define the "effect target" (i.e. the creature for which the effect is limited to).

See the scripts/manager_action_effect.lua script in the 3.5E ruleset at line 41 (for initiation) and line 142 (for resolution).

Regards,
    JPG

Following the tip of the Moon Wizard I was able to do this in the GURPS rulest, I added the effects of the DnD 3.5 ... but I do not know where the function is, programming code that modifies the layout of the combat tracker to allow counting to decrease.Attachment 19133

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Following the tip of the Moon Wizard I was able to do this in the GURPS rulest, I added the effects of the DnD 3.5 ... but I do not know where the function is, programming code that modifies the layout of the combat tracker to allow counting to decrease.Attachment 19133
    I've already implemented the effects targeting and timed effects. This will be available in the next few days. I need to get the pre-release version to dulux-oz to ensure nothing is broken with respect to his extensions. However, if you wanted to do your own modifications then you will find the combat tracker stuff in the "ct" folder.

Thread Information