STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 151 First ... 3644454647485696146 ... Last
    You should definitely reach out to Doug with your SJG contact. Usually, the only thing that we ask for is a digital copy of any content released in the store (for internal development and maintenance purposes), and a pretty standard publisher split agreement signed. Since it seems that you are already on board to be the developer for the DLC, they shouldn't need to do anything else at that point.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You should definitely reach out to Doug with your SJG contact.
    I will do.

While I know you are around...I sent you a PM last week, any chance you've had a look at it?
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Short answer...SJG want to see if there is actually a market for GURPS on Fantasy Grounds before jumping into licensing. ...
    Any idea on how they will make that evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Any idea on how they will make that evaluation?
    Some...I know they will monitor how much discussion and interest there is on their forums and social media. Hunter will help push information out via his channels and I guess the feedback from that will be a factor. So the more we can inform people, get them talking about and actually using FG to play GURPS, the better. Mid to end of December marks the end of their evaluation period, so the community has 2 months to do it's part to push the platform. I will be writing a Daily Illuminator article, hopefully this week, which they will send out. I will also see if Hunter is open to a #SJGLive event either demo'ing or an actual play using FG.

Blog Entries
    I used to love GURPS but over time, the 'crunch' starting getting old (probably just me getting old and cranky) but with the automation FG would bring, I could definitely see myself jumping back into it.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quit being old and cranky. :P

As a fairly recent convert, my last site post talked about this, and I linked it in all the usual places: the SJG forums, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (haven't broached Reddit or RPG.net... yet). I'd heartily suggest anyone wanting to raise the signal do the same with their own stuff. If the numbers simply aren't there, they aren't there... but surely it's worth finding out for sure. Stand up and be counted.

• If you’re not already, consider running some GURPS games using Fantasy Grounds.
    • If you are already, make sure the wider GURPS community knows about it!
    • In either case, I think the key here is simply more exposure. I know there are GURPS/FG gamers out there, some who have been playing regularly for years, but SJG needs to know they exist. Talk about your FG games on blogs and social media, invite new players if you have room, and encourage other GMs to give it a try. If you’re comfortable with it, maybe post actual plays for others to see.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    I used to love GURPS but over time, the 'crunch' starting getting old (probably just me getting old and cranky) but with the automation FG would bring, I could definitely see myself jumping back into it.
    My impression of D&D 5e these days is that IT is more crunch-intensive than GURPs used to be and less logically consistent. Essentially, your job if 5e is to memorize and internalize the quirks and exploits of every class AND the general combat rules AND skills and feats etc... Whereas with GURPs you're dealing with a logically consistent system that I can "get" once and add optionally add complexity to. Sure, if you're dealing with Vehicles and High Tech and Psyonics you're going to be studying and referring in GURPs quite a bit too... as you would in a lot of systems.

But I agree with GunnarGreybeard that automation would bring a lot of strength here.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Good invitation.

Well I think Shotgun Jolly is planning a GURPS Mad Max.

For Starters, I would potentially run GURPS Rome and GURPS Celtic Myth. Even GURPS Goblins(! ... a potentially great Con game). GURPS In Nomine is on my bucket list... although I'd need to acquire that title first. (Cool cover art here! https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/...g/cover_lg.jpg )

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    As a fairly recent convert, my last site post talked about this, and I linked it in all the usual places
    How about list here too on this G+ group on Fantasy Grounds RPG?: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...11165948798500

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information