DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Weird thing happened in last night's game - when ever I used a sound that was through Syrinscape, One of my players would get the popup (determine what app to open). How the heck???

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Weird thing happened in last night's game - when ever I used a sound that was through Syrinscape, One of my players would get the popup (determine what app to open). How the heck???
    Not 100% positive, but did that player happen to have their sounds set to "on" in the options menu? Someone else can be the sound host and if they had that turned on I wonder if somehow Syrinscape was trying to play from their machine.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Not 100% positive, but did that player happen to have their sounds set to "on" in the options menu? Someone else can be the sound host and if they had that turned on I wonder if somehow Syrinscape was trying to play from their machine.
    That sounds to me exactly what was happening.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

they did have sounds on, and we tested it, and it works if they turn it off. But will the "your turn" Ding work with the sound option off?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    they did have sounds on, and we tested it, and it works if they turn it off. But will the "your turn" Ding work with the sound option off?
    Yes, that sound option is only for the DOE Sounds, not the core FG sounds.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It would be amazing to work with PFRPG2... any new releases coming out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    It would be amazing to work with PFRPG2... any new releases coming out?
    Dulux is working on them. No dates yet though.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi guys,

as far as I can understand the current state of this extension (great work by the way!), currently there isnīt a way to get these "fantasy grounds ingame sounds" played via the Syrinscape Online Player, right? Only with the Syrinscape App itself, is that correct?
    Would be a shame, because I canīt re-wire my audio setup between my 2 PCs just for that (a quite complex setup for dual pc streaming, audio recording etc.), it would be just too much messing around with too many cables and settings.

Really liking how the sound addon works but would love to give this experience to my online players.

Hi Everyone,

It's just been brought to my attention that Syrinscape have updated a number of their older Soundsets (&, I am informed by Benjamin@Syrinscape, they will continue to do so). This has resulted in the 3rd Party URL's of these updated SoundSets to be changed. As a result, any SoundLinks people may have created using these changed SoundSets will no longer work. You can tell if this is the case because (on a Windows PC at least) your Browser will open instead of the sound being played.

To remedy this issue, after you have made sure you have run a Syrinscape Update, you will need to edit the DOE: Sound SoundLink Record and replace the old URL String with the new one copied from Syrinscape, and recreate the SoundLink.

Unfortantely, this issue also affects previous editions of the DOM:SoundLink Library Module and the Fantasy Grounds Sounds Module. I am going through the DOM:SoundLink Module and correcting the issue, and the new Edition(s) will have updated corrections in them as Syrinscape continues to update older SoundSets. Persumably, Rob2ee will do the same for the Fantasy Grounds Sounds Module.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but it was not and is not my fault - it has to do with music creaters releasing their music under a Creative Commons License and then (illegally) putting a "Stop Notice" on people's YouTube Videos who use Syrinscape's Sounds with that music in their videos - because Syrinscape was getting complaints from their users about the YouTube take-down notices, Syrinsacape decided to remove all CC'd music from their SoundSets and thus updated and continue to update their SoundSets, thus generating new URLs, thus breaking existing SoundLinks.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; September 16th, 2019 at 03:09.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information