Starfinder Playlist
Page 19 of 132 First ... 917181920212969119 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    no Cloud sync must be an obstacle for a lot of users. Opening a firewall port is simply not an option in many situations. In 2019 there are many technologies that could make this simple, GraphQL and NoSQL and Firebase to name a few. If it's not in initial release, should be low hanging stretch goal.
    I doubt they want to change the database structure.
    Adding some type of local database engine would have many advantages but would likely be a major support pita.
    Im pretty sure at this stage Cloud is just a brokered connection method that bypasses the need for port forwarding...
    I could be wrong...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, the time is listed as 9am PDT, which is noon EDT.

Not announced, but if you look at the image of the launch screen, there is a radio button for "Cloud" So I assume their is the ability to have your campaign hosted on FG servers with FGU.
    Im pretty sure this will just be a brokered connection to bypass por forwarding - I dont believe that your data will be stored in the cloud - but we will find out soon enough (well prolly not soon enough for everyone but soonish anyway!).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartl42 View Post
    Any chance Unity will support

1) Multiple GMs? (two people logging in with GM rights)
    2) ability to rotate GM among players? My understanding now is that if my buddy wants to GM, he has to either use my computer to do so, or purchase all of the content a second time to use on his own license. It would be nice to be able to trade off GM responsibilities to a limited number of people once in a while without having to buy all of the books again to do so legally.
    1) The current design doesnt really lend itself to this and I havent seen anything from the devs suggesting that multiple GMs is near the top of their todo list...
    2) This has license implications for their content partners... Im not sure we will ever see that...

You should make sure you vote for both on the wish list though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj4megaman View Post
    WISHLIST:
    The biggest thing I need from FGUnity is MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT. This should be out of the box. We need screen real estate for all the information we use and it would make our lives infinitely easier.

Next wish based on multimonitor, would be the ability to run a map client that the GM can control. I like to use FG as my game map on my tv for my players to interact with but it gets cumbersome to control it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Yes. Multi-monitor support with some customization settings so that you can get it working just right for monitors of multiple sizes/resolutions/orientations, etc.
    This one Im pretty sure is not happening. The libraries for Unity multi monitor support are not reliable enough across SWs targeted platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

You should make sure you vote for both on the wish list though
    Where would one do this?

This one Im pretty sure is not happening. The libraries for Unity multi monitor support are not reliable enough across SWs targeted platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    I know the feeling, FG needs better screen management than just "buy a big 4k+ screen", I couldn't imagine using it on a 1080p screen, 1440p is just enough for DMing imo.

Any chance for PC data being available for players on mobile (iOS and Android)?

I keep seeing this - mostly because 'map/tokens/combat tracker' interaction. That's fine - keep them modal - let us open story entries or images in windows that can undock - make it a special menu option and 'floating' windows can't interact with the main info - that'd be ok too - just having that capability would allow me to manage my information and if I needed to interact with the info I could close and reopen in the 'captive' FG window.

I mean I'm not saying that even this is 100% possible but if you stop thinking *everything has to interact* it opens more possibilities

Thread Information