FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

Thread: Bestiary

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Ok Illl bite.. what is Kingmaker?
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=kingmaker+pathfinder+2e
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Not sure if this is right place to ask - and sorry for a bit of necroposting.

Will official Bestiary NPCs have Abilities/Powers automated just as in SR Bestiary? As far as I understand, it is created by kind of same people, and it's kind of lame to buy Bestiary and see that it has less automation then unofficial SR
    I can always simply copy powers here from SR, but it is not comfortable, really.

Would really like to have some answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelysk View Post
    Not sure if this is right place to ask - and sorry for a bit of necroposting.

Will official Bestiary NPCs have Abilities/Powers automated just as in SR Bestiary? As far as I understand, it is created by kind of same people, and it's kind of lame to buy Bestiary and see that it has less automation then unofficial SR
    I can always simply copy powers here from SR, but it is not comfortable, really.

Would really like to have some answer.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

To do what we want with NPC automation is taking quite a significant redesign of the ruleset code in the NPC records. If you noticed the change in ability format in release 14 (info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pril-14th-2020) - that was the first step in adding in NPC ability automation in a more manageable way for NPCs, both in the statblock and in the Combat Tracker.

It's still in the development phase, but it's coming along nicely. Soon it'll be ready for ShadeRaven to start entering in all the automation... The second time he's done it! Hopefully he keeps his sanity...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That looks awesome!

Looks really great!

Thanks for quick answer, definitely want to see how it will be in more final version!

Oh wow that is incredible. That's a much higher level of automation than I'd been expecting. The ability to tie an attack and an effect together like that in particular is awesome.

Is that something we might see for PCs at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Is that something we might see for PCs at some point?
    The syntax is a bit technical, so I don't know if it's such a good idea to have it on PCs. I think we'll probably keep the actions similar to what they are on spells, but have them on a separate actions tab. But a lot of this work I'm doing on NPCs will be re-used in PCs.

This may be common knowledge, but I just noticed this tonight...so thank you for making full trait descriptions available from monster stat blocks (when they are double clicked). PF2 normally requires searching around for infomation so much, that it can slow down play, and this helps a ton.

Thread Information