5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Which means you may a well just use a map...
    Well, my thought was since the "Order" window/map already has the "overlay" functionality of sorts it might not be difficult to add the another overlay of the short/long/melee as well. Then people could just put any old image behind it.

I'm sure it's possible. It might just be better to have a "overlay" option on any image in maps though instead.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Well, my thought was since the "Order" window/map already has the "overlay" functionality of sorts it might not be difficult to add the another overlay of the short/long/melee as well. Then people could just put any old image behind it.

I'm sure it's possible. It might just be better to have a "overlay" option on any image in maps though instead.
    Not sure overlay you're referring to. All the standard PS sheet Marching/Formation image is a basic imagecontrol with a 50 pixel grid:

Code:
    <imagecontrol name="image">
    	<anchored position="insidetopright" offset="10,30">
    		<left offset="270" />
    		<bottom offset="-30" />
    	</anchored>
    	<frame name="groupbox" offset="10,10,10,10" />
    	<indicators availability="image_sent" locked="image_locked" loading="image_loading" zoom="image_zoom" shortcuts="image_shortcuts" />
    	<default snap="on" drawingsize="500,500" gridsize="50" />
    	<script>
    		function onMaskingStateChanged(tool)
    			window.drawtools.onValueChanged();
    		end

function onDrawStateChanged(tool)
    			window.drawtools.onValueChanged();
    		end
    	</script>
    </imagecontrol>
    Less functionality than a normal map/image.

Were you referring to the grid as the overlay?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Were you referring to the grid as the overlay?
    Yeap.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The grid is built into the imagecontrol, it's not an overlay as such.

I think the most that would be possible would be baking something into the normal image window frame (not the party sheet). Then you could have any image you want, including those from modules, and switch between different frames. The only concern I'd have would be if the frame can be put over the base image, and if the graphics content of this (i.e. the non alpha transparency) would interfere with the normal operation of the image - token selection, drawing, masking, etc.. There's also be problems with scaling to different sized images, and zooming too.

I just don't know if it's possible in the current architecture.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Okay better, not perfect. I don't use photo shop I did this between GIMP and Corel's Essential Artist. I know you can run theatrical combat right on the tracker, and I play with GM's who do that very well. I tried it and for newer players it makes it a bit confusing, a simple image like this I think resolves that. I could only resize the image so far (you have no idea how hard it was to find a decent image of a printing press in the 1930's) but I think this gives more than a good enough visual to set mood and space.
    Printer Shop map.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Ellspeth View Post
    (you have no idea how hard it was to find a decent image of a printing press in the 1930's) but I think this gives more than a good enough visual to set mood and space.
    Spoiler alert?!?

Blog Entries
    Okay better, not perfect. I don't use photo shop I did this between GIMP and Corel's Essential Artist. I know you can run theatrical combat right on the tracker, and I play with GM's who do that very well. I tried it and for newer players it makes it a bit confusing, a simple image like this I think resolves that. I could only resize the image so far (you have no idea how hard it was to find a decent image of a printing press in the 1930's) but I think this gives more than a good enough visual to set mood and space.
    Printer Shop map.jpeg
    I had pretty luck with an image search by adding "Heidelberg" to the search terms.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Spoiler alert?!?
    Sure because everyone knows the players are going to go exactly where the GM planned for them to go right?

Pindercarl "I had pretty luck with an image search by adding "Heidelberg" to the search terms."

Wow that helped, I am always impressed how often a single word can change a search result.

Blog Entries
    Pindercarl "I had pretty luck with an image search by adding "Heidelberg" to the search terms."
    Would it be an abuse of moderator access to edit both my original post and your reply to fix my response to "I had pretty good luck..."? I spent a few years working in print shops back in the day. Heidelberg was the first press manufacturer I could think of that was making presses in the 30s.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Would it be an abuse of moderator access to edit both my original post and your reply to fix my response to "I had pretty good luck..."? I spent a few years working in print shops back in the day. Heidelberg was the first press manufacturer I could think of that was making presses in the 30s.
    Not at all however the creative writer in me is tempted to suggest a phrase like "a pretty piece of luck" Just for flavor.

Thread Information