5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    When discussing the ideas about tablets or phones, please remember that the full functionality does not need to be there and not everyone uses FG the same way. Even something small can be very useful and fun.

For example, previously I created a simple program that worked with FG to give the players some functionality on the phone. Only to move their characters, pan the map, and roll dice. But that was all we needed. FG displayed on a large screen TV and we had a blast playing in person. (DM was on a laptop connected to a different laptop that acted as the players FG which was displayed to the large screen TV.)

The DM could use the full power of FG and from their phones players could move their own characters around, move the map as needed, and of course Roll Dice! It was great!

And that is just something simple. With even a small API, a great number of things could be done. It does not need to be the full suite of FG functionality.

Here is all the user had on the phone. Simple and amateurish and nothing like the FG suite, but it worked for us to have fun which is what FG is here is support.
    (snipped the image)
    This is almost exactly what I was requesting! This is awesome and shows this is possible.
    Last edited by indavis; February 10th, 2023 at 21:15. Reason: Clarification.

I'd still like to be able to go fullscreen like we used to, without a title bar.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I'd still like to be able to go fullscreen like we used to, without a title bar.
    On windows, it's as easy as creating a shortcut using the following: "[YOUR FG INSTALLATION FOLDER]\FantasyGrounds.exe" -window-mode borderless

You can check more options at: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Play...Arguments.html

I also think this would be wasted dev time given smiteworks is not a gigantic studio with dozens of developers.

As I always do I’ll be honest with my view . If there’s dms that stress because their players need 24 hr access to their FGU sessions…do you and you players even understand the concept of fgu?

Why do players need 24/7 access to the fgu session?

I have players all over the USA and one in Canada. They need to make a character change for any reason they DM me on discord I get back to them to work out a time to open my FGU session to them. We all work. We don’t stress over it.

I feel the make things work on a mobile phone is more a “cool thing” than anything else. You don’t prioritize things just on “yeah but it be cool” in business if you don’t have the resources and there’s a list of true priorities to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Frost View Post
    On windows, it's as easy as creating a shortcut using the following: "[YOUR FG INSTALLATION FOLDER]\FantasyGrounds.exe" -window-mode borderless

You can check more options at: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Play...Arguments.html
    Yer (almost) a wizard Harry!

When I do this, it opens up FGU on one of my monitors, but doesn't use the entire screen. Is there a way to do this AND stretch it out across two monitors?

Thanks.

Whether or not it's a waste of time is up to Smiteworks to decide. This is their choose your own adventure. Only they can decide if it's worth spending the money to hire more programmers, or shift focus. Let's face facts though, and that is that other VTT's with html connectivity are quite popular at the moment. I have a lot of money invested in FG and want it to be top of the heap, but from what I see, it's losing ground to web based solutions. I guess time will tell the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Yer (almost) a wizard Harry!

When I do this, it opens up FGU on one of my monitors, but doesn't use the entire screen. Is there a way to do this AND stretch it out across two monitors?

Thanks.
    You can play with: "[YOUR FG PATH]\FantasyGrounds.exe" -popupwindow -screen-width [NUMBER] -screen-height [NUMBER].

Can I get a wand now?

Pop out windows and being able to "ping" a location on the map would make this FGU even more awesome than it is. No need to try and compete when your already the best. I Gm'd on a VTT that was supposedly tablet/phone compatible and I had to tell 2 players no more. It was taking them 5 mins to roll a perception check cause when they open their character sheet it covered the map and their token. In most cases they would ask other players to move their tokens for them because they couldn't seem to do it on their tablet. It was a mess. I'm not sure I would worry to much about Hasbro right now after just losing 129 million and their stocks falling 10% just in the last month. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

Ping on the map would be useful. For a player to indicate a location to the GM right now basically requires the DM to enable drawing for all players and have them doodle on it, and then erase the doodle when they're done. Doable, but, hm, slightly crude and could be imprecise depending on how good they are at digital doodling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarly Dude View Post
    Ping on the map would be useful. For a player to indicate a location to the GM right now basically requires the DM to enable drawing for all players and have them doodle on it, and then erase the doodle when they're done. Doable, but, hm, slightly crude and could be imprecise depending on how good they are at digital doodling.
    Use Quick Pointers Common Shortcuts & Hotkeys - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    I usually use CTRL for a circle, but sometimes an arrow works just fine.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information