STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    MBM ist doing a great job here. The sheer amount of data in the CSC is mind boggling! Alone reading through the Reference Manual and then reading through the different sections as well (Armour and Survival gear atm) and then checking each item if there are errors equipping them is a lot of work, but typing all that in? Automating some sh*t and bending your head around how to make the FG engine understand what Mongoose intended?
    Man, MBM, you don't only look like a wizard, you ARE one!

I remember when the CSC came out for 2E I was like... man they put a lot into this one compared to previous versions, plus lots of pretty pictures, awesome. Of course if I had to do data entry of it I'd be like why'd they have to put all this extra stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    MBM ist doing a great job here. The sheer amount of data in the CSC is mind boggling! Alone reading through the Reference Manual and then reading through the different sections as well (Armour and Survival gear atm) and then checking each item if there are errors equipping them is a lot of work, but typing all that in? Automating some sh*t and bending your head around how to make the FG engine understand what Mongoose intended?
    Man, MBM, you don't only look like a wizard, you ARE one!
    At work my nickname is 'Gandalf' as some people think coding is magic.

Now I've worked out how to put the image as a link into each item it's adding more time onto the data entry, most is cut & pasted, then formatted.... I enjoy doing it and seeing the items appear - it's easy work, the Ruleset however isn't so easy.

When LordNanoc has approved the image links, I'll slowly add them into the Core rulebook for those that have them.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    At work my nickname is 'Gandalf' as some people think coding is magic.
    Hahaha ... a classic! Wonderful!

ps: you can then say to each bug: "You shall not pass!!!!"

Now I've worked out how to put the image as a link into each item it's adding more time onto the data entry, most is cut & pasted, then formatted.... I enjoy doing it and seeing the items appear - it's easy work, the Ruleset however isn't so easy.

When LordNanoc has approved the image links, I'll slowly add them into the Core rulebook for those that have them.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Great stuff! Will check this as soon as I have this version on the TEST servers.
    cya
    Last edited by LordNanoc; September 25th, 2019 at 17:49.

I'm about to run Pirates of Drinax, both on FG and on tabletop, so I'm working as fast as I can, bug fixing at the moment, that's two done.
    I'm also starting Pirates of Drinax with my local gaming club. I use a projector setup at home so I went and got a 43" TV to connect to my laptop since I'll be running this at the club using your new ruleset. The timing was perfect. I'll use it to display maps, handouts, NPCs, etc. and keep track of all that GM stuff while the players use their physical minis. I'll also display "navigation charts" pulled from Travellermap.com. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW the first two Reach adventures are available now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    BTW the first two Reach adventures are available now.
    Bought them(Great Price btw)... downloaded them.. loaded them... Looks Gorgeous .. can't wait

Chumbly
    Thanx FG, Mongoose and MadBeardman

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I'm also starting Pirates of Drinax with my local gaming club. I use a projector setup at home so I went and got a 43" TV to connect to my laptop since I'll be running this at the club using your new ruleset. The timing was perfect. I'll use it to display maps, handouts, NPCs, etc. and keep track of all that GM stuff while the players use their physical minis. I'll also display "navigation charts" pulled from Travellermap.com. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Cool stuff and please do keep me posted!
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    Bought them(Great Price btw)... downloaded them.. loaded them... Looks Gorgeous .. can't wait

Chumbly
    Thanx FG, Mongoose and MadBeardman
    Thanks Chap Let me know how you get on. I got a friend (paid him with thanks!) to create the two maps in the 1st Adventure. People complain that it's not that good, oddly I feel that an adventure is as good as the GM and the players, the text etc is just the background. My players and I had a good stressful few sessions with it!

Cheers.
    MBM

Thanks Chap Let me know how you get on. I got a friend (paid him with thanks!) to create the two maps in the 1st Adventure. People complain that it's not that good, oddly I feel that an adventure is as good as the GM and the players, the text etc is just the background. My players and I had a good stressful few sessions with it!

Cheers.
    MBM
    To be honest, I used to use a small hand held whiteboard in my tabletop games to show rooms and such and it worked pretty well. When I started using ETU/Savage Worlds adventures in FG I was surprised how few if any maps existed, and I knew about the lack of maps in many traveller adventures, so I created a large blank white image, threw a grid on it and just draw freestyle maps on it real-time in the game. It is about as ugly as you can get cause I'm no artist, but it works well enough to track combat while working as a whatever, wherever tool.

So any maps you add are greatly appreciated.

Thread Information