5E Character Create Playlist

A proper bug tracker?

Hello FG team!

Just curious, have you thought about putting a proper bug tracker in place to track all issues instead of using the forum? It just seems to me you could better tag resolutions to releases and would make it easier for users to check for existing issues... Something simple like a bugzilla instance. I understand you have a backlog that would suck to transfer (if needed) but it would probably benefit you in the end.

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    They use a system internally, but it is not exposed/open to the community.

As for feature requests, they use IdeaInformer for a wishlist; fg2app.idea.informer.com

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    They use a system internally, but it is not exposed/open to the community.

As for feature requests, they use IdeaInformer for a wishlist; fg2app.idea.informer.com
    Yes, I would imagine as such. Not having an internal bug tracker would be madness.

I was thinking having an external tracker would better organize support and feature requests at a relatively low cost/effort. I'm sure you have no idea what I do for a living

Blog Entries
    lol, I can guess

I suspect it might be a knowledge & resource thing. I suspect it's not SmiteWork's strength, and so they would have to learn what they need to know to implement such a public system and then the considerations around it. (There are some significant drawbacks to publicly having such a system available). Then they would need to take the resources to implement it.

And, all of that takes away from other enhancements they can do. So, spending X hours (and costs) doing this means their is something else they can't do. And I find generally in these types of situations, if the customer (i.e. user community) has something that works, but is not ideal, it is a better business decision to work on something that doesn't have a workable solution.

For instance, just last week I participated in an Agile PI planning session. And here we had our customer with a list of a bunch of things they wanted, and when we dove in we have to simply drop things that we don't have the resources to do. Not that we don't want to do them, and not that they have value, but there was more value add work than we have resources to do. Generally if something had a working solution it dropped off our storyboard and only those things that were critical or didn't have a solution stayed. I imagine things are pretty much the same for SmiteWorks.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well, depending on the user credential backend they use and if they have either a DMZ or unused cloud resources that's a quick spin. They don't need to share more info than what is already on the forum, just organize it more efficiently.

Sometimes an infrastructure upgrade can free up resources.

I'm down to help (for free) if there is interest to evaluate feasibility and deployment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Well, depending on the user credential backend they use and if they have either a DMZ or unused cloud resources that's a quick spin. They don't need to share more info than what is already on the forum, just organize it more efficiently.

Sometimes an infrastructure upgrade can free up resources.

I'm down to help (for free) if there is interest to evaluate feasibility and deployment.
    I'd suggest to drop a email to [email protected] and let them know. Though they monitor the forums, no guarantee they capture everything

Thread Information