5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by moostik View Post
    I see a constant 60 fps framerate. I used to see a bit higher framerates until i started using the /vsync 0 command.
    That's looking good in terms of limiting GPU activity.

Before I try anything else, I will run a session tonight, this time my discord bot as well as syrinscape and spotify will be running on a different system as to not interfere.¨
    I think this is the correct next step. Fingers crossed you have a trouble free session!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am considering removing everything FGU related and reinstall to a different disk, as well as picking a location for the data directory that is not backed up by Dropbox.
    It's not a steam version per se, but having it installed via Steam does enable the Steam overlay.
    The overlay can be disabled.

I see a constant 60 fps framerate. I used to see a bit higher framerates until i started using the /vsync 0 command.

Before I try anything else, I will run a session tonight, this time my discord bot as well as syrinscape and spotify will be running on a different system as to not interfere.¨

I'll return with the results.

Thank you all so far,

-M
    Have you tried my suggestion of the VISMAX: X where X is the number of feet each token can "see"? Anecdotally, this has helped me in every campaign, even with the beefy computer similar to what you have. May or may not be a small part of the solution.

Good luck with your next session!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Have you tried my suggestion of the VISMAX: X where X is the number of feet each token can "see"? Anecdotally, this has helped me in every campaign, even with the beefy computer similar to what you have. May or may not be a small part of the solution.

Good luck with your next session!
    Thanks for pointing that out JohnD. He is using the VISMAX from what I saw.

What do you want the title to read? I can change it through the admin interface. I did not see a different title on the first post.

Regards,
    JPG

He just corrected the spelling on the first post of "unplayable".

His game has been going for about 3 1/2 hours now and I haven't seen any comments about crashing so hopefully that is a good sign.

Hi all,

As it turns out, the problem was actually the Discord bot. Now that it's removed from my system and I'm streaming audio to the players from a different machine, I have absolutely zero issues at all.
    We ran a 4 hour session in a dungeon with a fair bit of LOS, some dynamic lights, different vision variants for the tokens, individual fog of war, and up to about 25 combatants in the combat tracker.
    Not a single freeze. Not even one slight delay. In other words it ran as well as I would expect on a system like mine.

Thank you for all your tips, I've implemented most of the fixes you have been suggesting (including @JohnD's VISIMAX tip), and I'm assuming all of it also helps the game session run very smoothly, because we all noticed how responsive everything now was.

For those who are a bit fed up with the title of the thread, fear no more - this issue is now RESOLVED

-M

Great news. Enjoy

Blog Entries
    Yeah! Glad you got it sorted and that you let us know what the cause and solution was! Hopefully if this happens to someone else, we can get to the resolution quicker now

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi all,

As it turns out, the problem was actually the Discord bot. Now that it's removed from my system and I'm streaming audio to the players from a different machine, I have absolutely zero issues at all.
    We ran a 4 hour session in a dungeon with a fair bit of LOS, some dynamic lights, different vision variants for the tokens, individual fog of war, and up to about 25 combatants in the combat tracker.
    Not a single freeze. Not even one slight delay. In other words it ran as well as I would expect on a system like mine.

Thank you for all your tips, I've implemented most of the fixes you have been suggesting (including @JohnD's VISIMAX tip), and I'm assuming all of it also helps the game session run very smoothly, because we all noticed how responsive everything now was.

For those who are a bit fed up with the title of the thread, fear no more - this issue is now RESOLVED

-M
    Glad you got it sorted!

Glad you got it working and good to confirm it was the Discord bot. That will probably come up more as more games begin using sound effects and mood music.

Thread Information