FG Spreadshirt Swag

Newbie Questions

I've just tried Fantasy Grounds for the first time, running a test Savage Worlds combat. I must be obtuse, so many things take me ages to figure out - and one has defeated me:

One of the characters fired a pistol at an enemy. FG seemed to handle all that automatically in the chat window. That character's next turn, they wanted to reload their pistol - which takes two actions to do, so they would spend an action that turn reloading.

FG doesn't track this? I couldn't find an "order" to give the character anywhere to reload as their action. After googling, I found some reference to a mysterious "Action Tab" on the character sheets. I don't see that. The SW character sheets I seem to have, have "Main", "Traits", "Combat", "Powers", "Inventory", and "Notes". The pistol was listed on the Combat tab, and this is where the shot was triggered from, but there seems to be no place there to indicate a reload.

Is this just something you do independent of the FG tracking? Plenty of other actions might be taken (go prone, etc.) and I don't see any of those either - so my guess is the GM and players just discuss those and they aren't represented in FG in any way. Or, I'm missing something!

Quote Originally Posted by jimweaver View Post
    I've just tried Fantasy Grounds for the first time, running a test Savage Worlds combat. I must be obtuse, so many things take me ages to figure out - and one has defeated me:

One of the characters fired a pistol at an enemy. FG seemed to handle all that automatically in the chat window. That character's next turn, they wanted to reload their pistol - which takes two actions to do, so they would spend an action that turn reloading.

Is this just something you do independent of the FG tracking? Plenty of other actions might be taken (go prone, etc.) and I don't see any of those either - so my guess is the GM and players just discuss those and they aren't represented in FG in any way. Or, I'm missing something!
    Yes that's correct.

Sometimes I think all the automation added to FG isn't needed, oh it does speed things up but at the end of the day if you are sitting around a table in a face-to-face game all you have are dice a character sheet a pencil and a few books....

FG's main purpose is to simulate the face-to-face feeling over the internet, this means it does not automate everything (it automates a lot and it does speed things up) so yes you just tell the GM you are reloading and if I were you, your character would duck down in cover (SW ranged combat can be nasty).

You can add an FX or reloading and set it to '1' on the counter if you want, I would do this with a weapon that takes more than one round to reload just to remind myself and the player, but again you do not need to.

I have made some videos that cover most of SW on FG here they may help.
    Last edited by Doswelk; August 28th, 2018 at 07:16.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Yes that's correct.

Sometimes I think all the automation added to FG isn't needed, oh it does speed things up but at the end of the day if you are sitting around a table in a face-to-face game all you have are dice a character sheet a pencil and a few books....

FG's main purpose is to simulate the face-to-face feeling over the internet, this means it does not automate everything (it automates a lot and it does speed things up) so yes you just tell the GM you are reloading and if I were you, your character would duck down in cover (SW ranged combat can be nasty).

You can add an FX or reloading and set it to '1' on the counter if you want, I would do this with a weapon that takes more than one round to reload just to remind myself and the player, but again you do not need to.

I have made some videos that cover most of SW on FG here they may help.
    That is kind of what I figured! I think I've already watched a couple of your videos!

Thread Information