DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 32 of 33 First ... 2230313233 Last
    Would it be possible to have the dropdown menus default to a height that includes all of the entries? Many extensions add more items to the menus and I find myself mouse-wheeling up and down frequently. It's not a huge deal, but if it's simple, I'd welcome the change.

Thanks much!

A low-priority request: Have the position of the "Menus" remembered when toggling between "Menus" / "Sidebar" in options. It currently resets to the upper left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Was able to reproduce this. I loaded all the 5e modules I had and could see the hiccup every 15 or so seconds. I wont be able to address this until I get back home (on work travel till first of feb) but I can see it and that'll help to narrow down cause.
    So, I did a lot of testing on this pre-4.5 release and was not able to find a solution. I believe it had something to do with the event I was looking at for module load changes but those changes were not acted on until the menu was selected so shouldn't have caused any issue like this. Even disabling the books section didnt resolve it which was where the code ran to check for it.

That said, I've not seen the issue in 4.5 so something updated in FG 4.5 that resolved it.

I released an updated version today that will resolve the Menu name changes introduced in 4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Would it be possible to have the dropdown menus default to a height that includes all of the entries? Many extensions add more items to the menus and I find myself mouse-wheeling up and down frequently. It's not a huge deal, but if it's simple, I'd welcome the change.
    The only menu that should not be static is the books menu. Unfortunately there is no way to programatically change the size of a Panel which is what the system uses. Once it reaches a specific size it adds the scroll bar.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian

Today's update introduced a small conflict with your extension. The button that allows you to change between combat tabletop list or party tabletop list for the portraits becomes non-clickable except for the single pixel to its extreme left when Better Menus is loaded. Hopefully it is an easy fix as I love Better Menus. EDIT: I am using D&D 5E.

Could I also request a feature? I was having a discussion on the main FG Discord channel the other week about Better menus, specifically the 'Books' menu.
    What I was asking is why the Player's Handbook in 5E shows up as PHB Deluxe, and the short answer appears to be that the 'Books' menu reads the module name rather than the display name.
    Is it possible to change it? I guess an option to show either would probably be the best so as not to annoy long term users. I don't even know if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you
    Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; March 7th, 2024 at 22:57.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hi Celestian

Today's update introduced a small conflict with your extension. The button that allows you to change between combat tabletop list or party tabletop list for the portraits becomes non-clickable except for the single pixel to its extreme left when Better Menus is loaded. Hopefully it is an easy fix as I love Better Menus. EDIT: I am using D&D 5E.

Could I also request a feature? I was having a discussion on the main FG Discord channel the other week about Better menus, specifically the 'Books' menu.
    What I was asking is why the Player's Handbook in 5E shows up as PHB Deluxe, and the short answer appears to be that the 'Books' menu reads the module name rather than the display name.
    Is it possible to change it? I guess an option to show either would probably be the best so as not to annoy long term users. I don't even know if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you
    Maasq
    Is the 5E character panel not movable? The Menu bar is. You can unlock and move it as well. That was one reason I used panels so that the user could place it where it worked for them.

RE: the book names, I'll look at if that info is available in the API.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Is the 5E character panel not movable? The Menu bar is. You can unlock and move it as well. That was one reason I used panels so that the user could place it where it worked for them.

RE: the book names, I'll look at if that info is available in the API.
    Hiya, thanks for the reply.
    The character panel is movable, yes - that's not the issue.

The functionality where there is a small button to the bottom left of the character panel that can be clicked to swap between its two modes is what is clashing with Better Menus.

When Better Menus is loaded, the button can't be clicked (except for a single pixel column to its far left).

It isn't an issue with the menus or positioning - I think it is a clash with the feature you added that allowed the character panel to be moved.

Hope this helps!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Hiya, thanks for the reply.
    The character panel is movable, yes - that's not the issue.

The functionality where there is a small button to the bottom left of the character panel that can be clicked to swap between its two modes is what is clashing with Better Menus.

When Better Menus is loaded, the button can't be clicked (except for a single pixel column to its far left).

It isn't an issue with the menus or positioning - I think it is a clash with the feature you added that allowed the character panel to be moved.

Hope this helps!

Maasq
    Oh, hum, yes that is movable now by default. That isnt needed anymore. Infact I think they sorted out the issues I had with the dice tower (both used to show up behind the desktop style map view).

I can remove it and you'll get default.
    ---

That works for me. I hope it proves as simple as that. I know from my adventures in coding it rarely is

Thank you

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Everything seems fine now - did you update again? Thank you if so!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Everything seems fine now - did you update again? Thank you if so!
    Yes, when I posted my last message I had pushed out an update.
    ---

Thread Information