5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 86 of 132 First ... 3676848586878896 ... Last
    The sheer amount of entitlement some people feel just leaves me baffled. How many 60% discounts has Microsoft given you when you purchased a new version of Windows?

None, but they did give me the last edition gratis ...

Quote Originally Posted by anfiach View Post
    The sheer amount of entitlement some people feel just leaves me baffled. How many 60% discounts has Microsoft given you when you purchased a new version of Windows?
    Actually it's more like the office model. I don't buy into the Office 365 model where it's an endless subscription so I paid an unholy amount of money for Office 2000 a long time ago, it functioned fine for a long time but Microsoft didn't give me any discount when I upgraded to Office 2013 even though I was LOYAL (alright, I skipped a few upgrades and dabbled with Open Office). Plus Microsoft REMOVED functionality from excel, so I lost functions in the end. Still ate the new purchase cost because it was the only way Office would work right on my newer system and the wife demanded we have Office, just like she has at work...

FG/Doug and crew are doing an excellent job trying to be fair where they haven't charged for any upgrades in the past. It's wonderful that the allow a DM to purchase an Ultimate license and the offer *free* access to the players. Not many other software companies hand out free clients that allow you access to whatever the DM decides to share from his library of modules. Plus, there's going to be new functionality. Even if I didn't qualify for the newbie discount I've found it would be worth the cost to me for a full price purchase based on what we're getting from the Unity engine, and definitely for the kickstarter goal resources for backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    None, but they did give me the last edition gratis ...
    Well, when nobody wants to buy your product you get desperate lol.

Anfiach, That is exactly how I see it, but keep quiet so as to not cause a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by anfiach View Post
    Well, when nobody wants to buy your product you get desperate lol.
    Well that's just silly. Lots of people bought every edition of Windows, lots of IT managers won't have anything else.

I have no idea what their business model was, but it certainly wasn't no-one buys the new edition of Windows.

They wanted to simplify their updates and program compatibilities, so they moved everyone from Win7 and later to Win10.
    But this is way off topic...

- Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    Well that's just silly. Lots of people bought every edition of Windows, lots of IT managers won't have anything else.

I have no idea what their business model was, but it certainly wasn't no-one buys the new edition of Windows.
    I forgive you for not paying attention to that whole fiasco. Regardless, my point was made and you weren't disagreeing with me on that.

So,....is it December yet?

I worked IR all my life

Anfiach is correct

Just a hint about cover, half cover etc. Some say it's ruleset specific. I don't see it that way : a cover or a half cover is just what it is. Now each ruleset handles it differently. Why not add the "cover thing" and then let the rulesets makers choose to handle it or not ? (I'm not sure I make myself perfectly clear).

Thread Information