DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Hi Content Bugs,
    I just purchased Near Space and I was looking at the Archetypes: every Near Space entry is in CAPS and Battle Leader and Mediator is spelled incorrectly.

Near Space: I've noticed that - as the GM - none of the character race, class, theme, or item options are available to me unless I've loaded the Player version of the module as well as the GM version. Is there a reason this one is different or is it a bug? Every other module gives me access to everything at the GM level without having to load the Player version.

Thanks.

@Detroitus I think they seperated some things that GMs might not want the Players to see (?)

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    @Detroitus I think they seperated some things that GMs might not want the Players to see (?)
    Yeah, that's why there is a "Player" version and a "GM" version. But typically the GM version has access to everything while the Player version does not. That way the GM does not have to load BOTH version of every single module every time. But for some reason for Near Space they have separated the content out entirely so that the GM DOES have to have both versions loaded and it's a bit irritating. That's why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitus View Post
    Near Space: I've noticed that - as the GM - none of the character race, class, theme, or item options are available to me unless I've loaded the Player version of the module as well as the GM version. Is there a reason this one is different or is it a bug? Every other module gives me access to everything at the GM level without having to load the Player version.

Thanks.
    Probably to fix the issues with splitting it up.
    You would either have both loaded and duplicates, or you'd click a link on the player's sheet to see the info and get a 'module not loaded' message because the link was to the player module.
    They will be changing the Core Rulebook to a single module in the upcoming big update.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Probably to fix the issues with splitting it up.
    You would either have both loaded and duplicates, or you'd click a link on the player's sheet to see the info and get a 'module not loaded' message because the link was to the player module.
    They will be changing the Core Rulebook to a single module in the upcoming big update.
    Correct , it prevents duplicate entries for one and also the issue of someone making a character using the main module and then being a player and not having access to that module in a game.
    If a GM does not allow access to a module from a campaign the player can not open that module even though they have it in there list of modules.
    With that said this is the first time I split out the reference manual part, I could add Chap 4 to the reference manual but would still want to keep the actual data part only in the players version
    Last edited by Samarex; October 8th, 2020 at 23:57.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I guess I don’t understand either. To me it makes sense that the GM version should be the superset of the two, again, so the GM doesn’t need to load the player version. The more stuff you have loaded, the more bogged down FGU gets.

@Samarex
    So I guess my question, then, is why is Near Space the only module that is like this? And have I just been incredibly lucky to have been working with every other released module for all these months and never have encountered this issue before?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitus View Post
    @Samarex
    So I guess my question, then, is why is Near Space the only module that is like this? And have I just been incredibly lucky to have been working with every other released module for all these months and never have encountered this issue before?
    I will fix it.
    It will be in the updated when the ruleset that is in test goes live.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 9th, 2020 at 01:06.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

FYI, not including the info in the GM version is standard way of doing it, and we are trying to standardize Starfinder to conform with how FG handles other rulesets (using 5e as the model, as that is the flagship product). This will be how the content going forward will be done, and how the existing content will be modified (as time/schedules permit)

The reason you don't include it in both, is because if the GM doesn't remember to NOT create characters with that module loaded, and then passes the character over to the player, who doesn't have those GM only resources available, then none of the links will ever work. This was the impetus for merging the CRB back into one module only, since there really isn't any GM Only information in that particular book.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information