DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Need help with Error : Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)

I've noticed some people started a thread regarding an error, Error : Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)
    I am having the same problem, Error : Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml). All of my pak files, however, don't exist because I deleted all of them durin my attempts at getting the game to run. That being said I now don't have any files in the rulesets folder and I don't know where to get them, reinstalling Fantasy Grounds doesn't seem to do it and leaves me with the same message "Error : Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)". That being said, after hours of receiving this
    error message, when I try to open FG now it gives me a complete different message "An error occurred while updating Fantasy Grounds (app running) which I also don't know what to do about. That being said I also have no idea how to update or run as administrator.

So anyway, anyone know what to do ?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums, sorry you're having trouble.

Run an Update.

If that doesn't work, you might have 2 installations of FG, search your hard drive for "fantasygrounds.exe" and see if it returns more than one instance.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the forums Saucepan.

"An error occurred while updating Fantasy Grounds (app running)" - this suggests that you have an update process already running. I'd recommend you reboot your computer to clear out any update processes. Download the FG installer from the link on the home page, then do a new install - keep the default directories. During the install the FG updater will run - don't close or cancel this window. Keep it open and monitor the update progress.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have FantasyGrounds_x64 FantasyGrounds FantasyGroundsUpdater

Trenloe : I purchased Fantasy Grounds on Steam so that's pretty much the only place I'll be able to download it from. I've already tried reinstalling.

Assuming you are running Windows; please try downloading and running the installer directly from this website. The Steam install is just a shell program that calls the standard installer.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hi Saucepan you can install it from here just fine. Find a link on the front page of this website.
    Remove those three executables and install again please.

Damned : That seems to have worked fine, Thankyou. Do I have to pay membership fees because I didn't have to on my steam version ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saucepan View Post
    Do I have to pay membership fees because I didn't have to on my steam version ?
    Can you provide more information on this please? I'm not sure what you mean by "membership fees". You still need a license key (installed from here or Steam) - without that, the application installed will be the Demo client - information on that limited functionality demo is available on the home page of this website.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's what I mean, will I have Standard Lisence Demo or Ultimate when I download from this website ? It seems I have been provided a key so I'm guessing it's standard ? But I haven't paid anything appart from when I purchased it on steam.

Thread Information