DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    EDIT: I've uploaded a new version of the code with just a single if statement added that simply checks if an item is attuned, and if it is, it'll let you untick it. If the item doesn't require attunement, it will no longer show the checkbox after that. I'll attach the extension for that for dmssanctum to check it over.

FYI @dmssanctum: so that it makes your life easier double-checking the extension, the added lines are 69-71 of campaign/scripts/at_checkbox.lua (with notes, as I'm sure you're used to seeing from me by now...)

I'll leave the below block of text and explanation for anyone interested in seeing how/what was happening to cause issues with this in the first place.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having read through the db.xml file from Raven Darkstone and taken a deeper dive, this has exposed a flaw that I hadn't considered when working with dmssanctum on the changes. Since the previous version of the extension allowed you to attune to any item, regardless of whether or not the item required it, it meant that if your players attuned to an item they didn't need to, this latest version the extension hides the ability to attune to items that do NOT require it. So, until I can find some time to work on a fix for this, the 'fix' for this would be to un-attune all the items from your players and have them attune the items again when they load up the game.

Alternatively, you can try to debug this in a more thorough manner, which is also fairly easily doable but will obviously take a little more time.

Method #1: Un-attune all items
    1. go to %appdata%/Fantasy Grounds Unity/campaigns/the_name_of_your_campaign/ and make a backup of your db.xml file!!!!
    2. Open up db.xml and do a search for <attune type="number">1
    3. Replace 1 with 0 (this is essentially where the extension stores the "this item is attuned" tickbox, so 0 means not attuned)
    4. Load up the game and check the inventories, all items should be unattuned and the "count" should reset to 0/3 or similar

Method #2: A little more in-depth, but gives you a bit more control
    To go into further depth with debugging this and how this kinda messed with the extension (my fault, I didn't even think of it!) you will notice the below item is Boots of Elvenkind and is currently attuned, even though the <rarity> of the item doesn't say (Requires Attunement) so... it won't ever show the tickbox to select/deselect attunement. This is where things got a bit funky for Raven Darkstone. So... how to fix that once you've found the issue? You can open up that character's inventory in FGU and edit the item in their inv so that you add (Requires Attunement) to the rarity box. Then you can untick it, and remove the requirement string once more. Or, if the item is one that you have enforced to be attuned, even though the base rules say otherwise... just add the (Requires Attunement) part into rarity and leave it there. Done!

Code:
    <id-00001>
    	<holder name="badgr" owner="true" />
    	<ac type="number">0</ac>
    	<attune type="number">1</attune>  <============= THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY ATTUNED, EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T REQUIRE IT
    	<bonus type="number">0</bonus>
    	<carried type="number">2</carried>
    	<cost type="string">101 - 500 gp</cost>
    	<count type="number">1</count>
    	<description type="formattedtext">
    		<h>Description</h>
    		<linklist>
    			<link class="imagewindow" recordname="reference.imagedata.img_boots_of_elvenkind_jpg@*">
    			<b>Image: </b>Boots of Elvenkind</link>
    		</linklist>
    		<p>While you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.</p>
    	</description>
    	<effectlist>
    		<holder name="Althebarberian" owner="true" />
    	</effectlist>
    	<isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
    	<locked type="number">1</locked>
    	<name type="string">Boots of Elvenkind</name>
    	<nonid_name type="string">Boots</nonid_name>
    	<nonidentified type="string">The finest leather has gone into the making of these superb boots. They are unmistakably Elven in origin.</nonidentified>
    	<properties type="string">Magic</properties>
    	<rarity type="string">Uncommon</rarity>  <============================ BECAUSE (Requires Attunement) ISN'T INCLUDED AFTER "Uncommon", THE CHECKBOX DOESN'T APPEAR ON INVENTORY, SO WE CAN'T UN-ATTUNE IT
    	<spells>
    		<id-00001>
    			<link type="windowreference">
    				<class />
    				<recordname />
    			</link>
    			<name type="string">Boots of Elvenkind</name>
    		</id-00001>
    		<id-00002>
    			<link type="windowreference">
    				<class />
    				<recordname />
    			</link>
    			<name type="string">Boots</name>
    		</id-00002>
    	</spells>
    	<type type="string">Wondrous Item</type>
    	<weight type="number">0.5</weight>
    </id-00001>
    I realise that this can be "a lot" to digest, but when I have a bit of spare time to add some additions to the code (or dmssanctum has time) then we can add a code to check against the requirement text and all of that. Hopefully this is a fairly small occurrence but if not, I hope this explanation can help.
    Last edited by badgr; April 5th, 2021 at 23:51. Reason: Uploading fix.

I have an issue that, for some reason, AT.ext is not showing up as an option on my load screen. I started a post here and was told to talk to the authors. Have you seen/heard anything about this issue?
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    I have an issue that, for some reason, AT.ext is not showing up as an option on my load screen. I started a post here and was told to talk to the authors. Have you seen/heard anything about this issue?
    I've re-uploaded the file, just to be safe, and I've also fixed a minor mistake that I'd previously made with a value in one of the checks (not a major problem, just makes sense to take this opportunity to fix it.)

Let me know if this doesn't work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Whatever you did, worked! Thank you
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by badgr View Post
    I've re-uploaded the file, just to be safe, and I've also fixed a minor mistake that I'd previously made with a value in one of the checks (not a major problem, just makes sense to take this opportunity to fix it.)

Let me know if this doesn't work.
    I also updated the original post with the change and updated the version number. Thanks for fixing that. I thought it might be related to items being attuned that weren't supposed to be on this version. Still no clue what was happening in the past with all the reports of mixed up slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    Whatever you did, worked! Thank you
    Yep, that was an error in my packaging script, by the looks of it. It was including the root folder erroneously.

Quote Originally Posted by dmssanctum View Post
    I also updated the original post with the change and updated the version number. Thanks for fixing that. I thought it might be related to items being attuned that weren't supposed to be on this version. Still no clue what was happening in the past with all the reports of mixed up slots.
    Same. Still quite perplexing, and I don't foresee it coming up now but I couldn't actually figure out what was going on there either.

Also for your reference dmssanctum, I had made a mistake with Artificers gaining an extra slot at 9th level when it should have been 10th, so that was changed with the most recent upload I made. Code is in at_checkbox.lua if you wanted to make a personal note of any changes made.

Blog Entries
    In the current version only the EXTREME RIGHT portion of the plus button on the Equipment bar works. It seems maybe the number to the left of the plus button overlap/block it?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    In the current version only the EXTREME RIGHT portion of the plus button on the Equipment bar works. It seems maybe the number to the left of the plus button overlap/block it?
    It took me a really long time to figure out what you were referencing. Probably because I almost never use the Add Item button.
    I see what you mean though, its blocking the tooltip and click action. I shoved it around and the whole button is usable again, I can get it centered tomorrow with an update.

It took me a really long time to figure out what you were referencing. Probably because I almost never use the Add Item button.
    I see what you mean though, its blocking the tooltip and click action. I shoved it around and the whole button is usable again, I can get it centered tomorrow with an update.
    Oh jeez, yep that's way off, I didn't notice that, but I see what you mean.

I played around with the values and left offset -37 and right offset -20 seems to work. I think I was trying to set the right offset to -30 and missed the 0.

Blog Entries
    Good times.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information