Starfinder Playlist

Fantasy grounds ZeroTier connection problem

I use zerotier so my players can connect to my Fantasy Ground games and i haven't had a problem yet till today when i got a new player. I walked him through the process to connect to the zerotier network then had him put in the ip address. But for some reason he still gets the cannot connect to host screen. I also have fg running when he tries.

Welcome to the FG forums.

If all the other players can connect, but the new player can't, then it's probably one of two things: 1 - User error (i.e. not configuring everything correctly). 2 - something on their end blocking the connection - probably an anti-virus or security application.

Has this new player connect successfully to any other GMs recently? Get them to check that their network is set to Private and not Public. They need to make sure they have exceptions for FantasyGrounds.exe in all of their security/anti-virus apps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

would a diffrent vpn cause it not to work? according to him all his anti-virus app are allowing fg and i was at his house to help set up zerotier.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    would a diffrent vpn cause it not to work? according to him all his anti-virus app are allowing fg and i was at his house to help set up zerotier.
    All sorts of things could clash with it. As I mentioned in my last post - has he checked that the network appears as Private? Does the Zero Tier network appear in the Network and Sharing Center once connected? If so, check that this network is showing as Private - the most common connection issue is because the player network used to connect to FG is showing as Public. Check this once the VPN is connected, as this can change from one connection to the next.

Double and triple check that exceptions are set for FantasyGrounds.exe and TCP port 1802 in all of the security/anti-virus apps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The player has most likely inadvertently blocked FG via an Antivirus or Firewall from accessing the internet which includes all other computers.

Thread Information