STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: C & C Questions

Yeah, plus spells, weapons and other items. But can't just drag and drop the class.

Well those helps a little bit. Needless to say, this is not what I was expecting for what I thought was standard from my brief demo experimentation using dnd ruleset. It does help a little that I can drag some stuff over without having to write it in myself. It doesn't calculate anything though. If it did, I'd be alright with things. For instance, Half-elf special ability of +2 to a choice of attribute's modifier. i drag it over, so it is typed without me having to type it, but it adds nothing to the selected modifier and I can't even change the modifier manually in the character sheet. I have to change the ability score for the modifier to change as far as I can tell. So I need to mentally have notes on each little thing on a piece of paper and remember to add it in. Not what I signed up for, which is no ones mistake but mine on. (unless I am missing something, which as new as I am, I could be.)

-edit: cleanup-

I wasn't expecting full automation to be clear. +1 versus sleep spells, I knew I'd have to remember to apply that when confronted by a sleep spell. This isn't a computer game, after all. But +2 ability that changes your Str Modifier... for me to have to remember when I am doing a str modifier check, to add +2 to the modifier that shows on my character sheet, because I have an ability on page 3, (as just one example found of I'm sure many such things) is a bit less than what I was expecting.
    Last edited by Segin; June 30th, 2018 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    For instance, Half-elf special ability of +2 to a choice of attribute's modifier. i drag it over, so it is typed without me having to type it, but it adds nothing to the selected modifier and I can't even change the modifier manually in the character sheet. I have to change the ability score for the modifier to change as far as I can tell.
    Hover over the upper right corner of the dice button and hold control while spinning the mouse wheel to add a modifier.

This technique works to add modifiers in many places on the character sheet. Ask questions about how to automate other things as you come across them.

Wow, holy crap it worked. Thanks, that helps a lot.

I guess reading the manual would help a lot too. *snicker* Time for me go tutorial diving.

*Mr. if all else fails read the instructions* here
    Last edited by Segin; June 30th, 2018 at 20:59.

I have found where I, as the CK/GM, can get a party ability check which I presume makes everyone in the party perform a given check (it is on the party sheet). Besides that, is PARTY ATTACK.

What in the blue blazes is that for?

It’s so you can do a group attack vs AC against the entire party.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It’s so you can do a group attack vs AC against the entire party.
    Thanks!

Is it accurate to say that we have individual tables for treasure but do not have the base starter tables (i.e type 1 to 18)? I don't care to recreate the wheel if the wheel is available

EDIT: Well, this is handy - https://www.rpggrognard.com:8080/
    Last edited by Topdecker; June 30th, 2018 at 23:53.

Blog Entries
    The Treasure Tables are still a WIP. I haven't quite worked out how (or if) I can successfully pull them off within FG in a manner I am content with. My ::SQUIRREL!:: attention span hasn't helped either...

LUA is no fun.

I am a bit flummoxed by initiative. I will explain.

In Savage Worlds, you create groups of foes and each group worked with an initiative card (i.e. the group went as one). I would structure the groups so it wasn't a ceaseless wave of foe activity. This tended to prevent initiative (or the lack of it) from being a game-over situation.

With C&C, I am seeing...

Even though I have multiple groups of skeletons, they are all getting the same initiative. I am wanting the groups that I define to act on initiatives or every individual foe to have it's own initiative. I want to avoid TPKs based solely upon a mass of creatures winning initiative. Also, I want to avoid the humdrums of waiting for the turn to advance while the GM takes his epicly huge, uninterrupted turn.

Thread Information