DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 104 of 110 First ... 45494102103104105106 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Can you send a screen shot of the Skill Details screen and the Skills tab? And maybe export your character and attach it as well.
    Here ya go. Attachment 34434

The character on the left, Ed, has the issue appearing in the Skills Details display (left of middle, -2 in the Available field). This is not an issue because when I clicked on the related Ranks field in the Skills tab - the field reset itself to zero, forcing the Available field to 0, and the Free ranks field is displaying correctly - weird to say the least.

The second character, Niala, won't set the Free Ranks field in the Skills tab to a value of 2, in fact it doesn't show the Free Ranks field at all, and so the player has to set the two associated Ranks fields themselves in order for the skills to work correctly with dice rolls. As GM I cannot edit the Free Ranks field either, as expected, I suppose.

I have checked this for all other characters used in this game (3, for a total of 5 characters). Only the Android, Operative class (Ed) character sheet is working as it should. No other character, when given a free skill via the Skills Details page, has the Free Ranks field appear and display correctly.

I have just done more testing: The Free Ranks field only appears and works correctly for Operative class characters. I made a Kasatha, Bounty Hunter class and, when given a couple of free skills, the Free Ranks field failed to appear on the Skills tab. I then reset the skills and changed the class to Operative, now after going through the same process, the Free Ranks field appears and works.

Without resetting the skills, I changed the class to Technomancer and the Free Ranks field disappeared. I then multi-classed the Kasathan to Technomancer + Operative and the Free Ranks filed appeared and works correctly again.

I will leave it up to you to test all other Race-Class combinations - too many for my liking. Hopefully Race has no impact - it certainly doesn't appear so, but all classes, from all book options, probably need further testing.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonbait View Post
    Here ya go. Attachment 34434

The character on the left, Ed, has the issue appearing in the Skills Details display (left of middle, -2 in the Available field). This is not an issue because when I clicked on the related Ranks field in the Skills tab - the field reset itself to zero, forcing the Available field to 0, and the Free ranks field is displaying correctly - weird to say the least.

The second character, Niala, won't set the Free Ranks field in the Skills tab to a value of 2, in fact it doesn't show the Free Ranks field at all, and so the player has to set the two associated Ranks fields themselves in order for the skills to work correctly with dice rolls. As GM I cannot edit the Free Ranks field either, as expected, I suppose.

I have checked this for all other characters used in this game (3, for a total of 5 characters). Only the Android, Operative class (Ed) character sheet is working as it should. No other character, when given a free skill via the Skills Details page, has the Free Ranks field appear and display correctly.

I have just done more testing: The Free Ranks field only appears and works correctly for Operative class characters. I made a Kasatha, Bounty Hunter class and, when given a couple of free skills, the Free Ranks field failed to appear on the Skills tab. I then reset the skills and changed the class to Operative, now after going through the same process, the Free Ranks field appears and works.

Without resetting the skills, I changed the class to Technomancer and the Free Ranks field disappeared. I then multi-classed the Kasathan to Technomancer + Operative and the Free Ranks filed appeared and works correctly again.

I will leave it up to you to test all other Race-Class combinations - too many for my liking. Hopefully Race has no impact - it certainly doesn't appear so, but all classes, from all book options, probably need further testing.

Hope this helps.
    First off the reason it only works for Operatives is Operatives are rhe only class rhat get Free Skill, Non Operative class should not select the free class bubbles, I will look at not having the bubble show if not a Operative class.
    Last edited by Samarex; April 27th, 2020 at 01:06.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Issue with Longarm proficiency. I have the proficiency listed in both the feat location and the Proficiency. Non-Proficiency penalty is sometimes applied. It is happening with 2 characters.

Actually Russell, Bio Hackers get 2 free skills just like operatives do depending on their method.. and they get to choose what skills they want to be free. Which is the problem I had creating a Bio Hacker. I have a thread about it here in the forum...

Instinctive

You can quickly intuit the connections between things and often act instinctively on those connections, gaining knowledge and aptitude without always being able to say how you picked it up. Select two skills—once made, this choice cannot be changed. You gain a bonus rank in each of these two skills at every level, as well as a +1 insight bonus to checks using these skills. This bonus increases by 1 at 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter. Additionally, you can add your Wisdom modifier instead of your Intelligence modifier to Life Science, Medicine, and Physical Science checks.

Quote Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
    Issue with Longarm proficiency. I have the proficiency listed in both the feat location and the Proficiency. Non-Proficiency penalty is sometimes applied. It is happening with 2 characters.

1) Remove from all locations you have it listed (feat and proficiency)
    2) Remove weapon
    3) Re-add proficiency feat to only the proficiency section
    4) Re-add weapon
    5) Profit.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Going through The Characters Operation Manual and it seems a bunch of the spells did not parse right.

Here are a few examples...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Going through The Characters Operation Manual and it seems a bunch of the spells did not parse right.

Here are a few examples...
    I imagine it is hard to parse things correctly when there is no standard to the way things are published...
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    I imagine it is hard to parse things correctly when there is no standard to the way things are published...
    They should be the same as the core book.. Should they not?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    They should be the same as the core book.. Should they not?
    In theory.

Note: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
    aka Laendra

Does that mean this is what we get?

I did not notice that it had been reported. so I am putting it out there.
    Thanks for the help Ball Buster.
    Last edited by madman; April 28th, 2020 at 06:49.

Thread Information