5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    PappaJHR
    All these script error messages are due to the ruleset differences between 5E and PFRPG. As mentioned in post 8 I tested this version only with 5E. I am completely PF ignorant. But I am willing to try to get this working in PF, especially now that I know I have at least one PF user. I may have questions. I am currently traveling but will start looking at this as soon as I can.

Absolutely, I am willing to help with this in anyway I can just let me know.

Hi Minty,
    Awesome extension, but would it be possible to add an option for initiative rolls to be hidden in the tower also?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    ... would it be possible to add an option for initiative rolls to be hidden in the tower also...
    Certainly. After the FG Con I’ll start working on it.

Oh ,you absolute star. Nice one

and an edit...

Also any chance it can be made to work with this extension also ? (Tell me to sod off if you like )

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t6dEDugCsWmaQw
    Last edited by Stv; April 13th, 2019 at 15:00.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    ...any chance it can be made to work with this extension also?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t6dEDugCsWmaQw
    I will take a look. Depending on how the author implemented it, it may add considerable work or almost none.

And a follow up question, why initiative rolls? When I first started to work on this extension I considered supporting initiative rolls but dropped the idea because the results of initiative rolls rolled to the dice tower are immediately revealed in the combat tracker. They didn’t remain hidden but for an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I will take a look. Depending on how the author implemented it, it may add considerable work or almost none.

And a follow up question, why initiative rolls? When I first started to work on this extension I considered supporting initiative rolls but dropped the idea because the results of initiative rolls rolled to the dice tower are immediately revealed in the combat tracker. They didn’t remain hidden but for an instant.
    They don't appear on the Combat Tracker if you use the option to not show players the turn order. So if they are visible when they are rolled that might give a bit of the game away if players are paying attention.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    They don't appear on the Combat Tracker if you use the option to not show players the turn order. So if they are visible when they are rolled that might give a bit of the game away if players are paying attention.
    After I posted my reply, I was wondering if there was such an option. Thanks Zacchaeus. I’m obviously going to have to look at this. I can’t picture how this looks visually and how it would be of any practical utility. When this option is being used, are the combatants not sorted? And during play, as the turn order advances, does the turn indicator just hop around in what would almost appear to be a random manner? Plus the turn order would be revealed in one round unless you used the old 1e method of rerolling initiative each round.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    After I posted my reply, I was wondering if there was such an option. Thanks Zacchaeus. I’m obviously going to have to look at this. I can’t picture how this looks visually and how it would be of any practical utility. When this option is being used, are the combatants not sorted? And during play, as the turn order advances, does the turn indicator just hop around in what would almost appear to be a random manner? Plus the turn order would be revealed in one round unless you used the old 1e method of rerolling initiative each round.
    The CT is basically static client side when that option is on. But, as you say if Bob is first to go then the Next turn indicator will jump to him then when he clicks on the end turn the CT jumps to the next actor in line - which might not be the next one on the CT after Bob. As you say i think it would have to be used with the option to re-roll initiative every turn to be effective at truly hiding the turn order; so in a way it is not particularly useful and probably not really used much I would have thought. Turning on re-roll initiative at the end of the round would be just as effective as switching of showing the turn order.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

in reply to the 'why initiative rolls'...
    In our campaign we do use the random initiative each turn, which (imo) keeps combat a little more random and exciting.
    So it's nice to keep it hidden from the players and helps stop metagaming actions/held actions.
    We occasionally forget or totally miss the dice tower, so if there is the option to roll init in the dice tower from the dbl click that would help loads

Thread Information