STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Thanks epithet for the clarification.

As mentioned, the full blown PC actions have never been on the combat tracker for most rulesets. There was a basic text based attack line that manual data could be entered into - depending on the ruleset it could be pretty basic in terms of functionality.

Having this basic, text based, initially empty attack entry for a PC in the combat tracker was causing lots of "why are the PCs attacks in the combat tracker empty?" confusion and wasted time among users, and it was deemed something that few people used, hence why it was removed. Users are always going to miss functionality they use when it's removed. The fact that there was very little wailing and gnashing of teeth, and no one took the time to write an extension to add this functionality back in, suggests that only a few people using the text attack field in the CT was indeed the case.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 16th, 2019 at 16:41.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you want, you can always vote for the feature here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=124076

By the way, I don't think this idea informer site is very friendly to make sure less popular ideas get visibility. Apart from the issue I reported earlier that if you click "74 ideas more", the search just resets, there is the problem that if you type in the exact title of the feature request I submitted "Display PC actions on combat tracker", it doesn't find anything...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
    By the way, I don't think this idea informer site is very friendly to make sure less popular ideas get visibility. Apart from the issue I reported earlier that if you click "74 ideas more", the search just resets, there is the problem that if you type in the exact title of the feature request I submitted "Display PC actions on combat tracker", it doesn't find anything...
    What is the alternative SmiteWorks could use for an idea tracker/voting system? Maybe after FGU if a better alternative was presented to them, they would have time to consider moving to such a site.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
    Uservoice perhaps?
    No idea what that is. I was hinting that if you have a better suggestion and you provide details, it is likely that SW will consider it.

Of course, making a move now is difficult, given that they have a huge database of existing suggestion on Idea Informer. But, after they release FGU it might be a reasonable time for them to make such a change.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Uservoice is a customer management solution; and the non-trial price is prohibitive. I actually looked at them. I've looked at other solutions as well, but most are much more work and/or more cost than they save.

Idea Informer is currently free; which is why it doesn't get many updates.

The other option is to go back to the wish list mega-threads we had before; but that seems worse.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmm, it seems uservoice no longer has a free plan...

How about upvoting in a reddit thread, like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsim...vote_for_your/

A feature request tracker like Idea Informer where you can't find previous feature requests is essentially useless in my opinion...

Let's not get back to the mega-threads!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I would prefer them

Thread Information