DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last
    I use FG as a flat screen battle mat when playing face to face games.

The setup config is as follows:

(1) Laptop (to be portable) with an HDMI port.
    (2) 27" flat monitor with HDMI port - it is important to have the screen with a wide viewing angle (178/178 degree). The wide viewing angle is for the screen to be layed down and visible from all angles - not all screens are capable of this!!! I also made sure the screen does not rock when on its back and that the hdmi ports do not stick out.

I run on the laptop two instances of FG:

The first FG instance displays the standard GM view on the laptop screen so that I can roll dice and un-mask maps.
    The second instance I run on the HDMI connected screen and connect to the GM's session via local host. This runs the players view using the program Trenloe describes with plastic figures on this screen.

I was tempted to use the in game token images but that means each player has to move the tokens via a computer program (not all had electronic devices) and players like the tactile touch of moving figures. I also let players roll dice as normal and I apply any damage the players do to enemy manually. I roll mine electronically of course against PC's in the game and let the trackers/software do most of my work.

Oh and remember to switch off the centre on active character otherwise that will drive you nuts with the map jumping around.

It does work very well.
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; April 16th, 2017 at 23:32.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Screenshot of my setup here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post286155 And other people's setup in that thread too.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What happened to Tabletop-Connect?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GalloEX View Post
    What happened to Tabletop-Connect?
    Welcome

Most of the information is in the first post. If you were a backer of TTC you should have received emails with the details.

In short, the developer of CCT (Carl) has joined the developers of SmiteWorks and has been forwarding the development of the next major revision (generation) of Fantasy Grounds, known informally as FG Unity. CCT is not going to become a product, but the technology and knowledge from CCT will be used in FGU.

There is no release date for FGU, and specific details of it's capabilities have not been announced other than to say (in general); all current DLC will be usable with FGU, that it will support native 64 bit architecture, and networking is being reworked.

Their are more details and discussions you can find if you search the forums here for "unity" or "fgu"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

He got acqui-hired.

As for TTC, unknown. current FGU targets are replication of legacy features, 3d seems leagues away.

Blog Entries
    Carl (the creator of TTC) is still busy helping us rebuild Fantasy Grounds into FGU. Unfortunately, it's a bigger project than we hoped, so development is still ongoing. We need to get that done before we can begin incorporating the advanced features from TTC. Several big enhancements have been ported over so far, though, for imaging.

Maybe you just need to learn how to flog better? Perhaps put some twist into the handle when whipping them?

And like, feed him lots of sugar and caffeine.

I'll gladly donate twinkies & Jolt (or Mtn. Dew).

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

They banned Jolt in BC, sucks, I loved that stuff as a teen ager, helped me through Basic

Thread Information