Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yeah, as said, I'd vote for academy On Discord Mephistophelies had also the idea "Fantasy Training Grounds" I like that, too, due to how it plays with the FG label

I voted to keep the name the same, given the options, but I agree that changing it to be something that doesn't cause confusion with FGC/FGU makes the most sense.

Edit: Looks like the options have changed since my last vote, so I went for FGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, as said, I'd vote for academy On Discord Mephistophelies had also the idea "Fantasy Training Grounds" I like that, too, due to how it plays with the FG label
    That's definitely a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    With no disrespect to anyone, i dont see the need to change it at all. Are we really at the point that intelligent enthusiasts of Fantasy Grounds will be confused or mislead between FGC as meaning fantasy grounds classic or fantasy grounds college.

I mean just my pov but i want the persons life who has so little responsibility or concern in their day to day that this throws them a loop or puts a "bad taste" in their mouth so to speak.

also in my little circle of player and dm friends we use the terms "classic" and "unity" more than saying the "fantasy grounds" part as thats implied by context.

Finally, FGC as Fantasy Grounds College has brand recognition. Many people spell it out and refer folks new to the vtt there. I've recommended dozens over the years of me using it. Again, i dont think many will be that confused.
    Actually, when this poll first went up all the options were abbreviated as FGC or FGU, so the desire to rebrand had nothing to do with product confusion at all. It's been other people bringing up the product confusion as just one thing to think about in this decision to rebrand in the first place.

Your little circle of players may refer to them as classic and unity instead of FGC and FGU, but the vast majority of text communication about the products use those exact abbreviations, regardless of what you do.

Fantasy Grounds College only has brand recognition to those that already know about Fantasy Grounds in the first place. I assure you, it's NOT known outside of the Fantasy Grounds community, so having a different name going forward is going to have little, to no, impact on referring new people who are just discovering Fantasy Grounds to a place to learn how to use it.

To reiterate my main point though, this rebranding is not because of product confusion so you don't need to be so mad about it.

Fantasy Grounds Academy is definitely gaining traction and popularity. Thanks for weighing in folks!

FGC
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Just voted for Fantasy Grounds Academy

Thanks for voting!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Fantasy Grounds Academy sounds nice. If you need help with the new branding, hit me up on Discord Laerun! Would love to give back some for everything College (and soon to be Academy) gives for the community.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

I like FGA the best as it will lead to less confusion from multiple things having the same acronym. Fantasy Grounds Community I don’t like.
    For me I follow 3 things called FGC, FG Classic, FG Collage and the Fighting Game Community.

Thanks for all of your input the poll results are now visible based on community input.

https://strawpoll.com/1kqb5p61r/r

Learn.png
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information