FG Spreadshirt Swag

Armor modifiers gone everytime I open the campaign

Hi,

I'm starting a new campaign and I'm setting things up properly before the first session tonight.
    One thing I noticed is that any check or speed penalty due to the armor a PC is wearing disappears everytime I launch the software.

I set those values in the Inventory tab, near the bottom of the window. Then I tick the little circle and the speed penalty applies fine on the Main and Combat Tabs and the check penalty applies fine on the Skills tab.
    But as soon as I close FG and then reopen it, the penalties are not applied. The armor is still equipped in the Inventory tab and the little circle is still checked but any value other than the Dex Cap isn't there (Max Stat is still the same value but there's nothing beneath Skill Chk and Speed)

Is it a bug or am I doing it wrong ?

Thank you,
    Robin
    Last edited by Keyy; May 25th, 2020 at 18:22.

The data in the Inventory tab "Armor" section is overridden by any equipped armor the first time the PC sheet is opened and the Combat tab is entered. This is not intended behaviour. Logged as RS2.093.

Thanks for reporting.

The workaround for now is to equip a dummy Armor with the stats needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Never mind
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The data in the Inventory tab "Armor" section is overridden by any equipped armor the first time the PC sheet is opened and the Combat tab is entered. This is not intended behaviour. Logged as RS2.093.

Thanks for reporting.

The workaround for now is to equip a dummy Armor with the stats needed.
    Mmh the equipped armor is a "Breastplate" and its description is complete with the penalties so what would I need to do differently to make a dummy armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyy View Post
    Mmh the equipped armor is a "Breastplate" and its description is complete with the penalties so what would I need to do differently to make a dummy armor?
    Remember that the ACP is 0 and speed penalty is reduced by 5 feet if the PC has the minimum strength value (16 for a breastplate). Does your PC have a STR of 16 or more? If so, an equipped breastplate will give "Skill chk" = 0 and "Speed" = <blank> in the Armor section of Inventory tab.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Edit: Trenloe beat me to it...
    Are you sure the penalty applies? Each armor has a strength requirement, that penalty only applies when that strength stat is not reached https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=205
    Last edited by kaernunnos; May 26th, 2020 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Remember that the ACP is 0 and speed penalty is reduced by 5 feet if the PC has the minimum strength value (16 for a breastplate). Does your PC have a STR of 16 or more? If so, an equipped breastplate will give "Skill chk" = 0 and "Speed" = <blank> in the Armor section of Inventory tab.
    Ooooh I definitely missed that rule!
    My bad!

So no skill check penalty as well if the strength requirement is met?
    Edit: read the link, OK double my bad then I assumed the strength requirement was a requirement to actually wear the armor.
    Good to know thank you guys

Thread Information