STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    These are linked in. The original maps in black and white show up in the reference manual but the links to the battlemaps underneath will open our colored & textured versions. Ravnica has a separate module for the maps, but I put links to those underneath the black and white ones in the reference manual as well. It will prompt you to open the other mod if you click it.

We plan to release at midnight EST or shortly thereafter. There might be a delay on Mad Mage on Steam because we didn't submit a pricing approval request on time. It slipped through the cracks and I just noticed it and submitted for approval about 2 hours ago.
    for those of us who don't understand all the legal mumbo jumbo, what exactly does this mean as far as when it will be available on Steam?

It means that there are several hurdles to publishing each DLC on Steam, and one of them didn’t get cleared yet. Doug is working on it; and he’ll post when it clears and is available on Steam.

Regards,
    JPG

Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It means that there are several hurdles to publishing each DLC on Steam, and one of them didn’t get cleared yet. Doug is working on it; and he’ll post when it clears and is available on Steam.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks!

Hey guys. So, I just discovered a very large issue with the 1st level of the dungeon map in DOTMM. It seems that when the entire map is masked over, if you zoom out to just the right point, a darker, sort of shadowy image of the unmasked map in its entirety becomes visible to the players. One of my players brought this to my attention. Haven't tested this with the other maps, but this is pretty bad. Not sure if this is the right section for this issue, but I thought I would post it here to let you guys know. Hopefully this can be corrected. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmodaeus View Post
    Hey guys. So, I just discovered a very large issue with the 1st level of the dungeon map in DOTMM. It seems that when the entire map is masked over, if you zoom out to just the right point, a darker, sort of shadowy image of the unmasked map in its entirety becomes visible to the players. One of my players brought this to my attention. Haven't tested this with the other maps, but this is pretty bad. Not sure if this is the right section for this issue, but I thought I would post it here to let you guys know. Hopefully this can be corrected. Thanks.
    Unfortunately this is not something with the DoMM map, it actually can happen with any masked image in FG under the right circumstances. I don't know exactly what those are and if they can be prevented though. Maybe one of the devs knows if they can make a change to the image to resolve...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is actually caused by the grid I believe. The gridlines are dynamic which means it is dark when over a light background and light over a dark background. At just the right combination of dark and light, image size grid spacing and zoom level the gridlines shine through the masking. It's unfortunately not something that can be fixed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldJarhead View Post
    for those of us who don't understand all the legal mumbo jumbo, what exactly does this mean as far as when it will be available on Steam?
    It has been approved but Steam has new releases locked down so they can only get published between 10am and 5 pm PST Monday through Friday. It won’t be able to get released until Monday at 10 AM PST.

Man... that is really disappointing. Gridless is not an option, so I guess I might just have to bite the bullet and as much as I hate the idea, just reveal the entire level to them as they enter each one. Obviously it is far from ideal, but does anyone see any major problems if I decide to go this route? I guess we would just pretend that they had a map of each level, maybe given to them by Durnan.

Blog Entries
    That bug/effect has always been in FG. Its more visible on some maps than others.
    Explain to your players - that it is possible to do this and that doing it takes away from the mystery, from the challenge and effects the enjoyment of everyone at the table including the GM so please refrain from exploiting.
    They're all adults.

Yeah, but I know my players and I know a couple of them would not be able to resist the temptation. Also, it may be true that the bug has always existed, but if that is the case then it has had ample time to be corrected. But that's neither here nor there. Just wanted to see if anyone foresaw any issues if I handled it that way.

Thread Information