FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Not sure how to recreate with a definite set of steps, but the PC export in post #12 has the issue.
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    That's what happens when I try and DL it. (chrome/FF/IE)
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Try again; the attachment wasn't approved.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Try again; the attachment wasn't approved.
    Thanks!

I immediately could see the issue.

When you renamed the headers for the spells ...

That is the issue. The way the ruleset recognizes spells that can be memorized they are in group "Spells". The reason it does this is because items,powers/etc are not the same so I needed to have a set type, which is "Spells" group. Many items replicate spells (and you just drag/drop those into the item group) so I need to know "don't allow memorization of these".

This did expose an issue allowing you to memorize it even tho it's NOT a "Spells" group but doesn't let you remove it because it checks the group on remove ;(

I'm going to experiment with various other ways to handle this check. In the meantime if you set the group names to "Spells" it will work as intended.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    T
    That is the issue. The way the ruleset recognizes spells that can be memorized they are in group "Spells". The reason it does this is because items,powers/etc are not the same so I needed to have a set type, which is "Spells" group. Many items replicate spells (and you just drag/drop those into the item group) so I need to know "don't allow memorization of these".

This did expose an issue allowing you to memorize it even tho it's NOT a "Spells" group but doesn't let you remove it because it checks the group on remove ;(

I'm going to experiment with various other ways to handle this check. In the meantime if you set the group names to "Spells" it will work as intended.
    I've changed the way this works moving towards how the other rulesets use the "Spells" or "Abilities" Group Type.

If the Group Type is a "Spells" (looks like a book) and the level is NOT zero and is "Arcane" or "Divine" type it will be considered a spell that can be memorized and the options will be there.

I'm going to try and get this up on the test channel and have sent the request. I'll update when that's been done. I'd like to have some folks test it out before I push to production.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Nice work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm going to try and get this up on the test channel and have sent the request. I'll update when that's been done. I'd like to have some folks test it out before I push to production.
    This is up on the Test channel now, see this post for full details.
    ---

Thanks so much.

I like the idea of creating a custom group for each spellbook because A. It allows the player to track what spells are in what book (so they don't have to have a separate spreadsheet or whatever) and B. If they want to burn a spell from a book, they can cast it and then delete it. Having everything in the "spells" group mixes it all up. I look forward to the update and thanks again. This ruleset is such a fantastic resource and I look forward to future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMango View Post
    Thanks so much.

I like the idea of creating a custom group for each spellbook because A. It allows the player to track what spells are in what book (so they don't have to have a separate spreadsheet or whatever) and B. If they want to burn a spell from a book, they can cast it and then delete it. Having everything in the "spells" group mixes it all up. I look forward to the update and thanks again. This ruleset is such a fantastic resource and I look forward to future updates.
    When I saw what you had done it really is the reason I changed how things worked. Your idea was pretty nice (naming spells by book).

The update should be out tomorrow if all goes well.
    ---

The update worked. Thanks so much and Happy New Year to you!

Thread Information