DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 19 First ... 816171819 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    I think they broke the extension again...
    Confirmed reproducable on a mostly extensionless instance:
    Added Demon, Omox from my adventure module and the chat filled with several repeated clips. For instance:
    s'databasenode'
    databasenode = { spelldesc.telekinesis@PFRPG - Spellbook Extended } | s'databasenode'
    databasenode = { spelldesc.createwater@PFRPG - Spellbook Extended } | s'databasenode'
    databasenode = { spelldesc.teleportgreater@PFRPG - Spellbook Extended } | s'databasenode'
    databasenode = { spelldesc.acidfog@PFRPG - Spellbook Extended } | s'databasenode'
    nil | s'undefined'

(note: not reproduced here in order of appearance in my chat)
    The spells appear to me to have been properly re-populated from the Spellbook Extended, but my game isn't for 2 hours yet so I'm not sure...

Threw a handful of other NPCs in the combat tracker, from Bestiary and NPC Codex modules. Seems to be only some spells, but across many different NPCs.
    Hi,
    I've just looked into the code, and it's not an error: they are debug messages.
    Annoying, yes, but nothing broken.

I bet bmos will remove those debug.chat lines as soon as he's notified.

Quote Originally Posted by BakaMatt View Post
    Can confirm I get the same error when attempting to add a campaign record NPC to the combat tracker.

Module NPCs (i.e. Bestiary) load fine.
    Found that my issue was isolated to imports using the older NPCGen extension and KenL Spellbook, sorry about that. I ended up just editing the NPCGen to link direct to the newer Spellbook Extended library and that's cleared up all my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BakaMatt View Post
    Found that my issue was isolated to imports using the older NPCGen extension and KenL Spellbook, sorry about that. I ended up just editing the NPCGen to link direct to the newer Spellbook Extended library and that's cleared up all my issues.
    If you could write up the entire process to reproduce the issue, I might also be able to fix it
    But if you think it's not likely to be a problem for others (if those modules are not widely used), maybe it's not worth it?

Is there a way to have this not replace spells, but add to them instead, or make it so that it adds the effects/spell stats for mythic versions as well as non-mythic versions of a spell? The later would be best case in my books, cause then I don't have to manually.
    I am running a mythic game and I recently added affects/spell entries on an NPC for mythic versions of spells and then had those changes all replaced. It took me a while to realize it was this extension that was doing it. I don't want to turn it off as it's really useful for non-mythic creatures, but it smashes things for mythic creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Is there a way to have this not replace spells, but add to them instead, or make it so that it adds the effects/spell stats for mythic versions as well as non-mythic versions of a spell? The later would be best case in my books, cause then I don't have to manually.
    I am running a mythic game and I recently added affects/spell entries on an NPC for mythic versions of spells and then had those changes all replaced. It took me a while to realize it was this extension that was doing it. I don't want to turn it off as it's really useful for non-mythic creatures, but it smashes things for mythic creatures.
    I don't have a module with mythic spell actions, is there one?
    The issue is that generally we DO want spell actions to be overwritten because most spells are improved by that and otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of half-configured actions on many of the spells.
    So we either need a mythic spell actions library or a way to configure spells to not get replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I don't have a module with mythic spell actions, is there one?
    The issue is that generally we DO want spell actions to be overwritten because most spells are improved by that and otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of half-configured actions on many of the spells.
    So we either need a mythic spell actions library or a way to configure spells to not get replaced.
    I've not seen any module that has spell actions for mythic spells.
    I can think of a couple of ways this could be done.
    1) Have a checkbox in settings that says, use uncategorized spells first. So it would look for a spell within the campaign, and if one isn't found then do it the way it's currently being done.
    2) Have a list in settings that is a list of modules it uses, and this list is order-able so that you can have go through each item listed from top to bottom and stop once you find one.
    3) Have a checkbox in the spell item window that only shows up if the spell is within an NPC. The checkbox says don't replace when on combat tracker.

I will see if I can create a module with just the mythic spells listed. I'll use the PFRPG - Spellbook as the base for each spell, and then add what is needed for Mythic. I'll put a [M] at the end of each spell name.
    Once that is done I'll arrange to get it to you.

thought every spell with mystic version has a (y) at the end of the name inside PFRG Spellbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Morquendel View Post
    thought every spell with mystic version has a (y) at the end of the name inside PFRG Spellbook?
    It does, but the issue is being able to tell when the NPC's spell list already contains a mythic spell. Maybe just skip action replacement for spells with "Mythic" in the name?

So after look a little deeper at this.
    There is little to no support for mythic. Some spells use the tier or half the tier, etc to modify the spell affect. Since there is no place to enter that, the spell action entry needs to have a tier entry in it, much like the caster level entry, and then an effect items that allows for you to access that in the same way you do caster level. Half, Third, Quarter, odds, evens, etc. This in fact needs to be done for both the pc and npc sheets.
    So, maybe if there is a [Y] in the name, which denotes it as being mythic, then don't replace what is on the npc? I would also suggest a setting item be added to allow people to decide to do this or not.

Please - if you include this make it optional, at least i don´t bother with mythic stuff.

Thread Information