DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 110 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turelus View Post
    Thanks for the reply Leo, I double checked yesterday to make sure I wasn't getting something wrong, and TBH I could just be misremembering how Pathfinder worked (it's been a year since I used it).

The functionality I am seeing now is.
    Standard - Uses HP from HP box
    Random - Always rolls HD randomly, even if a HP value is entered.
    Max - Uses max HD value

What I am looking for is an option which is kind of a mix of Standard/Random in which if the HP box is empty is chooses random, if the HP box has a value it chooses that rather than random. In my mind I am sure I've played with a ruleset which did that but honestly I could be misremembering (I wouldn't put it past me).
    You're right. I thought the standard option rolled random HP unless a HP value was specified. I will work on that...

EDIT: This will be in the next update (1.1.3)! The standard setting will be to roll random HP when an NPC is dropped to the combat tracker if HP = 0.
    Last edited by leozelig; April 27th, 2020 at 20:34.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Leo, I have a request that I don't know if it is possible. Is it possible to add an additional tab to the character sheet that can only be read by the Judge/DM. This would allow me to make character specific notes directly on the character sheet.

Thanks, Tabarkus
    I'm sure it's just a matter of setting visibility conditions, but I will see what I can do. Would you settle for a GM-only section under the existing 'Notes' tab? My thought is that not every Judge will use this feature, and I want to keep the char sheet as simple as possible so it is less intimidating to new players.

EDIT: I added a screenshot. The last section (JUDGE'S NOTES) is visible only to the host/judge but not the client/player. Would that work? It's a great suggestion, and I have added this to the next update.

judge's notes.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; April 27th, 2020 at 20:36.

Blog Entries
    I know the Fantasy Grounds store has been a little quiet with new DCC offerings, but I expect that to change and hopefully soon. For the record, I am not speaking in any official capacity - I know about as much as any other DCC fan, but at Cyclops Con last weekend, Goodman Games seemed more committed than ever to expanding their presence in online gaming. They even have an official Twitch channel now, which is encouraging.
    Last edited by leozelig; April 27th, 2020 at 20:33.

Blog Entries
    Another minor bug: in the Library Module window, Yggdrrl's Maze is marked with a green check mark as "allow player load" by default each time the campaign is started. Unless the Judge remembers to mark it as "block player load" a player can load it; however it causes problems if a player loads it. It is an adventure which should only be available to the Judge and should default to the red X, "block player load".
    This has been fixed. It might be too late to go out this week, but you should see it next Tue (5/5) at the latest. There should be the complete module that blocks player load and a player version that contains the new spell sorcerous sap and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I know that the Rolemaster character sheet has a section of the Notes tab that is viewable by GM only.
    One solution for this is to create a note in the note window and name it the same as the character. If you choose not to share it the players won't be able to open it.

Leo, the Judge's section on the Character sheet notes tab would be quite adequate! Thanks!
    Last edited by Tabarkus; April 28th, 2020 at 02:03.

Lokiare, thanks for the suggestion. That is what I am currently doing. That idea works with a small number of players and characters but I have a large number and would rather not spend the time searching notes during a game. It's just a convenience factor.

Blog Entries
    So, here is what a Spells tab would look like on the NPC record.

You need to resize the sheet to display the right border of the 'Save' field, but otherwise it works the same as powers on the char sheet. I have mixed feelings about the added complexity since few published NPCs really have spells, but I am interested in hearing what other DCC fans think. The rulebook discourages giving actual spells to NPCs on p. 383 (in favor of unique powers), and yet they do turn up every so often in published adventures.

npc spells tab.jpg

Would this tab give Judges the ability to create powers with a "Casting" roll button, Saving throw button, and damage and effects buttons in the way that the 5e Ruleset does? While NPCs may not have the spells of a PC having the ability to automate unique powers to a certain degree would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Would this tab give Judges the ability to create powers with a "Casting" roll button, Saving throw button, and damage and effects buttons in the way that the 5e Ruleset does? While NPCs may not have the spells of a PC having the ability to automate unique powers to a certain degree would be nice.
    Yes, you could create a group for special properties with saves and effects. The tab could probably be labeled 'Powers' or 'Actions' rather than 'Spells'. I want to keep the attack line the same for now since it's modeled after DCC monster entries, but maybe this will eventually morph into something closer to 5E. The combat tracker entry will need to be updated at some point to look a little more like a 5E NPC entry.

Thread Information