DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 109 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Random question about extension development:

I'm exploring writing an extension to randomly generate level 0 characters, which should speed up prep for funnels. I originally considered simply writing a Python (or similar) script outside of FG that would output an XML file containing multiple characters, which could then be manually imported using the FG UI. But I figure being able to do this within FG itself would be even more convenient. Say all of a player's gongfarmers died and we need to replenish characters from rescued prisoners - simply click a button (or run a chat command) and now there's a fresh level 0 character.

One thing I'm stumped on is where to find the DCC ruleset files, so I can figure out what existing hooks I can leverage. All the other rulesets seem to be in the "rulesets" directory, but I can't find the DCC files anywhere.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Any insights into how feasible this would be?
    The DCC ruleset is a commercial ruleset and therefore the code is not readily available to the public.

You can however create a record of each type and then save your campaign and look at the campaigns db.xml to see data paths.
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Got it, thanks.

The db.xml file shows me the structure of characters (for example), but it seems like I'd still need to know the necessary functions etc. in order to be able to hook into these. But I'll play around with this first and see how far I get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    The DCC ruleset is a commercial ruleset and therefore the code is not readily available to the public.
    Thanks for clarifying that, lokiare. I was under the impression the ruleset files were visible after purchase for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Got it, thanks.

The db.xml file shows me the structure of characters (for example), but it seems like I'd still need to know the necessary functions etc. in order to be able to hook into these. But I'll play around with this first and see how far I get.
    Try exporting a character and looking at that code. I feel like you should be able to make it work with just that information.

Blog Entries
    I am working on some updates to the Core Rules module that I hope will be available before the end of the month. Besides fixing the issue with the halfling dyer occupation, I am adding a handful of secondary tables (see screenshot), improving keywords and expanding monster entries in the ref manual, and exchanging the text-only tables in the library list with the corresponding rollable tables. Most of these things are housekeeping tasks that I have not had time to address before now.

table links.png
    Last edited by leozelig; February 7th, 2020 at 00:27. Reason: Added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Try exporting a character and looking at that code. I feel like you should be able to make it work with just that information.
    Sounds good, thanks - I'll start there.

Thanks for all your hard work on the rules update Leozelig! I look forward to checking it out!

Blog Entries
    Here is the list of updates planned for CoreRPG 3.3.10:

DCC RPG Ruleset v1.1.2
    [Added] d18 and d22 custom dice (for compatibility with supplemental content).
    [Fixed] NPC critical hit rolls not parsing for multiple crit dice (e.g. V/3d10).
    [Fixed] NPC critical hit rolls not accounting for PC's luck modifier.
    [Updated] DB value for '<ability>_total' re-assigned to 'abilities.<ability>.total'.

DCC Core Rules Modules
    [Added] Sub-table rolls to tables when appropriate.
    [Added] Individual 'Titles' tables for wizard, cleric, warrior, and thief classes.
    [Added] 'Tail spikes' and 'barbed tail' attacks to manticore NPC record.
    [Added] 'Constrict' attack to giant boa constrictor NPC record.
    [Fixed] Multiple minor typos.
    [Fixed] Halfling dyer occupation link from 'Table 1-3: Occupations'.
    [Fixed] Colossal leech image showed an underdark slug.
    [Fixed] Missing result range 82-86 from 'Table 8-8: Sword Powers, Type II: Combat'.
    [Fixed] Result range 91-93 (previously 91-9) in 'Table 8-10: Scroll Contents'.
    [Updated] Expanded keywords for reference manual.
    [Updated] Text-only tables in library list replaced with corresponding rollable tables when one exists.
    [Updated] Expanded monster entries in 'Chapter 9: Monsters' section of reference manual.
    [Updated] Bracketed dice rolls applied to tables when appropriate.
    Last edited by leozelig; February 29th, 2020 at 12:41.

Blog Entries
    I am considering adding tables for random dragon, demon, and magic sword generation to the DCC Core Rules module. The results would output to a Story entry, but it would require several tables. Currently, Purple Sorcerer Games has tools for this on its website. I don't know if there is an advantage to having a similar tool built into the ruleset considering that you still need to transfer the Story output to another (item or NPC) record. Let me know if this is something you want to see.

Screenshot of a theoretical dragon generator below...

random dragon.png
    Last edited by leozelig; March 2nd, 2020 at 11:31.

Thanks for your continued updates, leozelig!

One question about this one:

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    [Added] d18 and d22 custom dice (for compatibility with supplemental content).
    I'm curious about which DCC supplements make use of these. In any case, just to make sure: When using the +1d / -1d buttons and rolling a d20, would this result in rolling a d22 / d18 now, instead of d24 / d16? I think it's important that the +/- die buttons continue to be based on the official DCC dice chain, as this could lead to unintended results otherwise.

Along those lines, a minor feature request: Would it be possible to indicate the actual die rolled in the chat window? Currently, it outputs "Judge: [+1d]". But I'd be a lot more confident that I rolled the right die if it said something like "Judge: [d24]", or perhaps both, i.e. "Judge: [+d1 = d24]". Thoughts?

Thanks!

Another minor bug / feature request:

I love how when rolling a Farmer on the Occupation table, it automatically rolls a d8 to determine the specific farmer type, e.g. Rutabaga Farmer. However, when dragging that specific type to the character sheet, it just shows up as "Farmer". Would it be possible to have it show up as "Rutabaga Farmer" in the Occupation field on the character shield, but still link to the Farmer entry on the Occupation table?

Along those lines:

Most level 0 trained weapons from the Occupations table are improvised and listed as something like "Pitchfork (as spear)" or "Chisel (as dagger)". When dragging these to the character's inventory, the behavior is kind of reversed from the above issue: It only shows up as "Pitchfork" or "Chisel" - with all the right stats. But as above, I think it would actually be ideal to have it show up exactly as in the table (i.e. "Pitchfork (as spear)"), as it's useful to know what melee weapon this emulates, to facilitate rule lookups outside FG later, etc.

Thanks!

Thread Information