STAR TREK 2d20
Page 77 of 277 First ... 2767757677787987127177 ... Last

Thread: Project: Par5e

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Yes, I did. Thank you.

I just noted that things like dart (1/4 lb) is still showing up at 1 pound. I've also tried using 0.25, but that then shows up as a blank field

Interestingly, in the cost field, decimal places work.

What I did was break "pack items" (like arrows) into individual items with notations on what they cost in packs. So an arrow (singularly) is 5 cp and weighs 0.05 lbs. The cost, of course, works, but not the weight.

The sling bullet cost of 0.2 cp actually shows up at that price, which I kind of chuckle at myself for. Unfortunately, the sling bullet weight (0.075 lb) is not appearing. Not a huge deal (players or I can fix them manually), but curious if that's a field you can affect.

I don't actually nitpick that much, but one current group of players is into actually tracking ammunition used, food supplies, etc., so I've tried to give them all the realism they request.
    Yeah decimals will work for cost because the 5E ruleset uses a string for the equipment cost field. For the equipment weight field its using a number (so as to calculate encumbrance values etc.). The reason for the difference is because equipment cost data includes the coin type which can be one of serval values (cp, sp, ep, gp, pp etc. etc.) whereas equipment weight data is always specified as lbs.

Hopefully that makes sense.

To get it changed, you would need to petition JPG to update CoreRPG/5E to support the weight field as a string.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I just used v27, and the problem persists. Perhaps my syntax is wrong?

d20 Guild Business
    1 Armorers
    2 ...
    3 ...
    20 Zookeepers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olodrin View Post
    I just used v27, and the problem persists. Perhaps my syntax is wrong?

d20 Guild Business
    1 Armorers
    2 ...
    3 ...
    20 Zookeepers
    Here's whats working for me.

Code:
    ##;Guild Artisan
    You are a member o f an artisan’s guild, skilled in a particular field and closely associated with other artisans. You are a well-established part o f the mercantile world, freed by talent and wealth from the constraints o f a feudal social order. You learned your skills as an apprentice to a master artisan, under the sponsorship o f your guild, until you became a master in your own right.
    Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
    Tool Proficiencies: One type o f artisan’s tools
    Languages: One o f your choice
    Equipment: A set o f artisan’s tools (one o f your choice), a letter of introduction from your guild, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp
    #h;Guild Business
    Guilds are generally found in cities large enough to support several artisans practicing the same trade. However, your guild might instead be a loose network o f artisans w ho each work in a different village within a larger realm. Work with your DM to determine the nature o f your guild. You can select your guild business from the Guild Business table or roll randomly.

d20 Guild Business
    1 Alchemists and apothecaries
    2 Armorers, locksmiths, and finesmiths
    3 Brewers, distillers, and vintners
    4 Calligraphers, scribes, and scriveners
    5 Carpenters, roofers, and plasterers
    6 Cartographers, surveyors, and chart-makers
    7 Cobblers and shoemakers
    8 Cooks and bakers
    9 Glassblowers and glaziers
    10 Jewelers and gemcutters
    11 Leatherworkers, skinners, and tanners
    12 Masons and stonecutters
    13 Painters, limners, and sign-makers
    14 Potters and tile-makers
    15 Shipwrights and sailmakers
    16 Smiths and metal-forgers
    17 Tinkers, pewterers, and casters
    18 Wagon-makers and wheelwrights
    19 Weavers and dyers
    20 Woodcarvers, coopers, and bowyers
    All 20 rows appear just fine in my Guild Business table.

FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Guild Artisan works fine for me as well, all 20 are in the table. What I'm having an issue with are the 10 bonds for Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Only 9 are added to the table.
    -Bumamgar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumamgar View Post
    Guild Artisan works fine for me as well, all 20 are in the table. What I'm having an issue with are the 10 bonds for Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Only 9 are added to the table.
    You are indeed correct sir, I only have 9 in my table too. Its seems I missed one conditional area of code, when I updated last. I'll fix for the next build. Thanks for persisting and baring with me.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Back from vacation.

Zeus: Am I missing a trick here or are we still unable to use decimal points or fractions in equipment? I've missed a lot recently, so it could be just me.

BTW: Awesome stuff! And Xorn's video is pure gold.
    So it seems I was incorrect FG number fields can display decimals. I'll update PAR5E for the next build to output equipment weight as a floating point number as opposed to an integer.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Why not to put already parsed and ready modules somewhere here? Basic rules are free to redistribute, you're not violating something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzy View Post
    Why not to put already parsed and ready modules somewhere here? Basic rules are free to redistribute, you're not violating something.
    Basic Rules is not available to be freely distributed! See the disclaimer at the bottom of the front page of the BR PDF(s).

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, D&D, Wizards of the Coast, Forgotten Realms, the dragon ampersand, Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master’s Guide, all other Wizards of the Coast product names, and their respective logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast in the USA and other countries. All characters and their distinctive likenesses are property of Wizards of the Coast. This material is protected under the copyright laws of the United States of America. Any reproduction or unauthorized use of the material or artwork contained herein is prohibited without the express written permission of Wizards of the Coast.

Having said that, Smiteworks are currently in discussions with WotC for D&D 5E. More on this soon.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Oh.. I'm sorry, I misinterpreted it with "Legal text added to the footer to allow reproduction for personal purposes." in their v0.2 changelog. Let's hope this copyright bull**** stuff will change somewhat to that we need to gain access to freely sharing created modules. It is kinda stupid, not to allow to do this with free-to-use Basic Rules.

Gah, this one is driving me crazy.
    All my spells have been parsed properly accoding to Par5e, and I have removed all non-ASCII characters from my .txt. Still, I get this error:

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b27]
    Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
    Info : module .................................................. .................... [Player's Handbook]
    Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
    Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
    Parse - spell .................................................. ...................... [Acid Splash - OK]
    <snip> All spells are OK.
    Parse - spell .................................................. ................... [Wrathful Smite - OK]
    Parse : spells .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
    Make : spells windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
    Make : spells (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
    Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
    Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
    Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
    Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
    Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ...... [Mal Formed - WARNING]
    This is the format I've been using in the file:
    Code:
    #@;
    Bard Spells
    Cantrips (0 Level)
    Blade Ward
    Dancing Lights
    Friends
    <snip>

1st Level
    Animal Friendship
    Bane
    Charm Person
    Comprehend Languages
    <snip snip>

Cleric Spells
    Cantrips (0 Level)
    Guidance
    Light
    <snip snip snip>
    Wish

##;
    Acid Splash
    Conjuration cantrip
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    You hurl a bubble of acid....
    This spell's damage...

Aid
    2nd-level abjuration
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a tiny strip of white cloth)
    Duration: 8 hours
    Your spell bolsters your allies...
    At Higher Levels. ...

<snip!>

EDIT: I sent my common.xml in an xml verificator, and it pointed me to this entry:
    Creation
    5th-level illusion
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a tiny piece of matter of the same type of the item you plan to create)
    Duration: Special
    You pull wisps of shadow material ...
    #ts;
    #th;Material;Duration
    #tr;Vegetable matter;1 day
    #tr;Stone or crystal;12 hours
    #tr;Precious metals;1 hour
    #tr;Gems;10 minutes
    #tr;Adamantine or mithral;1 minute
    #te
    Using any material created by this spell ...
    At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell ...
    Which, in the xml, looks like this:
    Code:
          <creation>
            <name type="string">Creation</name>
            <description type="formattedtext"><p>You pull wisps of shadow material from the Shadowfell to create a nonliving object of vegetable matter within range: soft goods, rope, wood, or something similar. You can also use this spell to create mineral objects such as stone, crystal, or metal. The object created must be no larger than a 5-foot cube, and the object must be of a form and material that you have seen before.</p><p>The duration depends on the object's material. If the object is composed of multiple materials, use the shortest duration.</p><table><tr decoration="underline"><td><b>Material</b></td><td><b>Duration</b></td></tr><tr><td>Vegetable matter</td><td>1 day</td></tr><tr><td>Stone or crystal</td><td>12 hours</td></tr><tr><td>Precious metals</td><td>1 hour</td></tr><tr><td>Gems</td><td>10 minutes</td></tr><tr><td>Adamantine or mithral</td><td>1 minute</td></tr><p>#te</p><p>Using any material created by this spell as another spell's material component causes that spell to fail.</p><p>At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 6th level or higher, the cube increases by 5 feet for each slot level above 5th.</p></description>
            <level type="number">5</level>
            <school type="string">Illusion</school>
            <source type="string">Sorcerer, Wizard</source>
            <castingtime type="string">1 minute</castingtime>
            <range type="string">30 feet</range>
            <duration type="string">Special</duration>
            <components type="string">V, S, M (a tiny piece of matter of the same type of the item you plan to create)</components>
          </creation>
    Last edited by Khalas; August 30th, 2014 at 04:26. Reason: New info about problem

Thread Information