DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    SW Maker has been only available in Test. I have now marked it for live since 5.4.0 is released
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    SW Maker has been only available in Test. I have now marked it for live since 5.4.0 is released
    That'll be why. Thanks for letting us know and moving it to live.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 30th, 2021 at 14:06.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

After the latest update this evening it seems to be recognising and downloading the extension now.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

So I subscribed to an extension, specifically, Advanced Effect for 5E by celestian. I think it updated, but I cannot see where it is "loaded" when I load my campaign. Is there another step I need to take to activate the extension?

Odd. I subscribed to https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view (aura effect). Nothing with the word aura appears in my FGU data\extensions folder (the way all the other extensions do) yet I am able to load "Feature: Aura Effects" in the FGU load screen. Is there a separate folder where that extension is hiding?

yes.
    A Dev can put the extention (or module, etc) in the Normal places such as \extentions... but that leaves it open to READ , copy, etc....
    a Dev can instead opt to put the file in VAULT... this becomes an encrypted file, and is given a GUID type name instead. so just a bunch of letters/numbers. and you cant simply READ this kind of file.

the VAULT is for when a DEV wants to keep their code , or art, or portraties, etc. from being copied/stolen.
    but it is also the DEFAULT, becuase one a DEV publishes the file not in the VAULT well, they thave just given it all way to anyone that downloades it.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreM View Post
    yes.
    A Dev can put the extention (or module, etc) in the Normal places such as \extentions... but that leaves it open to READ , copy, etc....
    a Dev can instead opt to put the file in VAULT... this becomes an encrypted file, and is given a GUID type name instead. so just a bunch of letters/numbers. and you cant simply READ this kind of file.

the VAULT is for when a DEV wants to keep their code , or art, or portraties, etc. from being copied/stolen.
    but it is also the DEFAULT, becuase one a DEV publishes the file not in the VAULT well, they thave just given it all way to anyone that downloades it.
    Ah. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Ah. Thank you.
    Bmos decided to put his extensions into the vault because they are already available on his github page for everyone who wants to adjust some code, for aura here: https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effect (in case you wanted to look at the code and that is why you asked )

Blog Entries
    Note if you look at the bottom a Forge product page their is the GUID code all the way at the bottom.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information