DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Trying to create wand of fire, help?!

Hello!

As the title says, I am trying to create a wand of fire with various fire spells.. I don't seem to be able to create a new wand template for each spell.. as an example, I tried to create a template for a wand of burning hands, but I don't seem to be able to insert the spell properly into the description field to create the same functionality as the pre-made wand of fireballs template works, or any other wand spell template for that matter. IS there something I am doing wrong? I have tried to find a tutorial on making magic item templates, and was successful with some sword templates I created, however, when I try to make a wand template I am not getting the spell to work properly in the template. Any help would be great, thank you!

(I am trying to make wand of fire with various fire spells cast-able, like burning hands, flaming sphere, and fireball. I also want the want to have additional charges, beyond the typical 7, thank you!)

Blog Entries
    D&D 5E?
    Do you have the DMG?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make a copy of an existing wand - such as the wand of fireballs. Unlock the copy and edit the text to whatever you want and then drag the spells from the spell list and drop on the item. You can do this either with a magic item or a magic item template.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, I am not sure I know how to make a copy of an existing item, can you walk me thru that please? Yes, I have the DMG, I got the upper tier client and all the content. ( the starter set with all the core books and volo's etc..)

I would still like to also know how to create wand templates that work, I do appreciate the work around and will try it.. just need to know how to make a duplicate of another wand, thank you!

Drag the item out of the window, and then back into the item window and drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Giant View Post
    Thank you, I am not sure I know how to make a copy of an existing item, can you walk me thru that please? Yes, I have the DMG, I got the upper tier client and all the content. ( the starter set with all the core books and volo's etc..)

I would still like to also know how to create wand templates that work, I do appreciate the work around and will try it.. just need to know how to make a duplicate of another wand, thank you!
    I'm not sure what you mean by creating a wand template that works. If you are trying to use the forge to create your wand then you are out of luck. You can only use the forge to create another wand by combining two existing wands since the items on both sides must be the same type. So you can't have a wand on one side and a spell on the other for example.

The way I described above isn't a work around - it's the easiest way to do it. The alternative is to create a new blank template or item and type everything in yourself. By copying an existing item and editing it you save yourself a bit of work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information