STAR TREK 2d20
Page 45 of 46 First ... 3543444546 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Nice I will have to try it out.
    If you try it out and it works, can someone post a pic of what it adds or should look like on the character sheet? I thought all of the spells added to the player's CS had a "Cast" action button. Basically this just makes it so that Syrinscape sound is kicked off at the time of casting?

I thought all of the spells added to the player's CS had a "Cast" action button.
    That is unfortunately not correct. Spells from the AE module only have the necessary actions. If no attack or save is needed for the spell, the Cast action is omitted. That was never a problem - before the sound implementation in Fantasy Grounds, which is bound to several triggers (cast, attack, chat). The official packages for Syrinscape unfortunately use Cast as trigger for the spell sound.
    This script now adds a Cast action first in line for spells where there is no Cast action already.

Note: if you do not use the official Syrinscape package and rather code yourself, you are better off with Lua pattern matches and the Chat trigger, as SilentRuin already pointed out.

can someone post a pic of what it adds or should look like on the character sheet?
    Attached screenshot explained:
    Left side, you see the Wizard with updated spells, right side was created with original modules. An "empty" (meaning: no attack or save) Cast action has been added (highlighted in green) but spells with existing Cast action were left alone. Pressing the Cast action will trigger the Syrinscape sound.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 112333.jpg

Does it add it to the cs if the spell is already there and the spell list side panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Does it add it to the cs if the spell is already there and the spell list side panel?
    Now it does

ORIGINAL:
    No, that will not work (but might be an interesting idea to parse the campaign db.xml).
    The script will only update the AE module. Once a spell is attached to a character, a copy of the spell is created (in its current state). Even if the module is updated, the copy will remain as is.
    You can however remove the spell and re-add it from the updated module.
    Last edited by Arnagus; August 11th, 2023 at 13:31. Reason: Updated script to add capability

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Thanks
    Capability to process campaign db.xml added.
    BE VERY careful - only tested on my campaign.
    While the AE module db.xml & client.xml are the same for all of us, the campaign db.xml varies widely, depending on extensions and modules loaded. It currently only updates spells from the "Spells" group (which is the group name for spells added from AE modules). It does not touch other groups and tries to ignore surprising entries (like node names not using id-00000 in the XML). No guarantee that it works for everyone.

Script has been updated here

I need to ask a very "noobish" question about the 5E Automatic Effects from Grim Press. I just purchased a bundled package of these effects from the Dungeon Masters Guild site and the files downloaded correctly to my computer. However I do not see any instructional documents on how to integrate these additions into the the FGU program. I've checked the Dungeon Master Guild site, The Grim Press site, and this thread, but have yet to find any sort of instruction on how to integrate these additions. Could someone please point me in the right direction to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinster View Post
    I need to ask a very "noobish" question about the 5E Automatic Effects from Grim Press. I just purchased a bundled package of these effects from the Dungeon Masters Guild site and the files downloaded correctly to my computer. However I do not see any instructional documents on how to integrate these additions into the the FGU program. I've checked the Dungeon Master Guild site, The Grim Press site, and this thread, but have yet to find any sort of instruction on how to integrate these additions. Could someone please point me in the right direction to do so?
    You load the module(s) while in FGU. Do you know how to load a module?

If you want faster answers you can also hit us up on discord at https://discord.gg/grimpress

Thanks! I found what I needed on the Discord channel. Very easy fix.

Hello. Very great job.
    Can you help me? I'm trying to make sure that the effect I created is applied to the character automatically, like Dwarven Resilience (€ Dwarven Resilience; RESIST: poison). As far as I understand, to do this you need to put a € sign at the beginning of the effect. I did it, but the effect still does not apply. What am I doing wrong?

Thread Information