DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 20 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Thread: Lock Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Does the intended movement for NPCs display for players? I used this in classic a lot so players could visually see where the npcs were moving and know if that movement triggered any special reactions or abilities.
    As long as the map is shared when you do the CTRL move token on a host - you'll see the token lock movement for PC's and NPC's. IF you do the CTRL move on host then share - you will not be seeing on player side what was done before the map was shared. And of course if the player owns the NPC you'll see it when they just move a locked token.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    these are not likely to be themeable.
    ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As long as the map is shared when you do the CTRL move token on a host - you'll see the token lock movement for PC's and NPC's. IF you do the CTRL move on host then share - you will not be seeing on player side what was done before the map was shared. And of course if the player owns the NPC you'll see it when they just move a locked token.
    Hmmmm, don't know what I'm doing wrong then. I'm not seeing any NPC movement indicators on the players map, and I have the map displayed so it's definitely shared? I think I'm misunderstanding something?

Token movement is only shown for tokens that are owned or publicly editable by the player. (i.e. owned PCs, and friendly units if Party movement option enabled).

JPG

Hi Moon,

is there any way viewing all movement could be an option? For me it'd just be a massive help for face-to-face sessions (if we ever get to enjoy those again!) and it seems like some others see a benefit for this option in other situations as well.

Cheers,

Simon

Why would you want players to know where NPCs are moving? Isn't that a bit like player ESP?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Why would you want players to know where NPCs are moving? Isn't that a bit like player ESP?

Regards,
    JPG
    I would want for players to be able to see NPC movement because many characters have reactions or powers that may come into play based on the NPCs movement. As a DM I may or may not know all the powers the players have, but being able to see the NPCs movement helps the players announce things like "When he enters into my range, my XXX power will activate as it goes by".
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    The fact that players cannot see other players movements seems WHOLLY unacceptable. It changes the game in such a dynamic way. I am putting in my vote for "please change that to the way it used to be" in classic. Also it would be nice if the players could also see the DMs path if the DM decides to show the path (by holding CTRL). Also AS the DM I want to be able to see that path. The new Unity changes for token locking and token movement are so different, it's the first time (so far) I decided to actually post about Unity in a negative fasion on the forums. I REALLLY don't like it. If I'm the only one, well then... but I think this won't be a welcome change amongst most.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I've asked Carl to investigate what it would take to display token movement path planning on all clients (GM and player).

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi, thanks for adding the locking feature. Something definitely useful and with some configurable options, would be even better.

I am, however, noticing that the distance calculation seems to work fine if I use a square grid, but seems to be wrong if I use a hex grid, in that it thinks 1 hex away is 5', and 3 hexes away is also 5'.
    Is this something to do with the new locking calculation or my grids?

Have also noticed that now tokens can move half way between grid locations when previously they could only move into full open grid spaces. Again, is this a feature (bug) from the new locking or something to do with grids that I (as a relative newbie to FGU) need to correct?

Thanks for any help, guidance or pointers

Thread Information