DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yeah, I run a group of 6 players, and we play whenever 4+ of them are free. I feel C&C requires at least 4 characters to avoid bad luck on the dice triggering a total party kill, but also because it's a slog getting up so early (I GM in Australia, my players are all friends from the UK) so I'm not doing it just for 2-3 people

Also, as a personal toot of my own trumpet, I am playing through the A-series of adventures, and was not satisfied that the modules available for sale were lacking some of the newer features of Fantasy Grounds (drag 'n' drop treasure bundles with magic items all marked as unidentified to the players, random encounter tables programmed in) and also found too many typos / missing bits of info.

So I have taken it upon myself to update these adventures to be super-polished and well linked with all the trimmings. You should see an example of this with A0, that comes with the $10 ruleset I believe. I have also converted A1 and A2, and will be converting A3 these coming months. I think now, for the price you pay, these should represent excellent value and provide plenty of support during play with all the info / stats available when you need them. And no (well, far fewer) typos !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    and phantomwhale does good work!

Blog Entries
    Trueshaft I have an opening in one game. You are welcome to fill it, should the thought fancy you.

John
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Phantomwhale

.... I am brand new to FG... and a HUGE C&C fan. I have a group of 6 ready and super excited to play. Looks like I will be GM'ing the Party and we decided to play through the entire A series, right from the beginning. I purchased the Ultimate Lic, and the C&C ruleset and of course got the A0 module. I have been going through it for the last 3 weeks, familiarizing myself with it, but was wondering about your post on 1-22, regarding... Were you the one who converted the A0 that you get with the Ruleset purchase? and Are you saying that you have completely converted up to A2 and it is available for purchase from you? and if so, where are they available for purchase?

Sorry if I go myself confused, just trying to figure some things out.
    Thank you
    Adventurer1
    Last edited by Adventurer1; May 3rd, 2016 at 03:59.

Blog Entries
    Hey Adventurer1 several of the A-series modules are available in FG format. Im not sure which ones PW may have cleaned up but they are pretty basic conversions. Yes they will save you some time but they are not on a par with newer releases. [Opinion and Hearsay only!]

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Adventurer1 several of the A-series modules are available in FG format. Im not sure which ones PW may have cleaned up but they are pretty basic conversions. Yes they will save you some time but they are not on a par with newer releases. [Opinion and Hearsay only!]
    Thanks Damned....
    When you say 'newer' ones, do you mean some of the more recent A series available in the FG store? Reason I'm asking is because they are also available in the Steam store, which is where I originally came across the FG VTT (before I knew what FG was).

I'm just not sure if they are all the same, or if the ones on the FG store are better, more current, done by someone else? oh, the questions! lol

thanks
    Adventurer1

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer1 View Post
    I'm just not sure if they are all the same, or if the ones on the FG store are better, more current, done by someone else? oh, the questions! lol
    They're exactly the same.

Have a look at the product descriptions for the adventures in the Store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1 If there is a paragraph that begins "This product was one of the earlier adventures for Fantasy Grounds..." then you know this is an older FG module. It will be perfectly usable, just won't have some of the nice bells and whistles available in more recent versions of FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    They're exactly the same.

Have a look at the product descriptions for the adventures in the Store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1 If there is a paragraph that begins "This product was one of the earlier adventures for Fantasy Grounds..." then you know this is an older FG module. It will be perfectly usable, just won't have some of the nice bells and whistles available in more recent versions of FG.
    OK...that makes a world more sense now. I noticed that phrase on many of the early modules, just wasn't clear. I have begun taking A0 Rising Knight and trying to make it more CK friendly (not that its bad in any way, its just not set up for fast CK reactions...too many of the elements, whether encounters or NPC's, have to be "hunted for" in order to find...)

I guess I was reading PhantomWhales comment as he had to do the same thing...which made me start thinking, 'Hey, if someone has already done that, I'll glad pay to buy it' ...LOL

While I have you responding (thank you so very much by the way)... I have some questions and wondered if you could help shed light on them:

I have a party of 6 players, and then I was going to CK the adventures
    I was planning on buying the Ultimate lic. and installing on a Game Server (large IBM commercial server I own)
    I was then going to host the game, from that server and run through TeamViewer the CK side
    further, I was going to have the 6 players connect to the server, obviously, to enter the game
    One of the reasons I was going to go this way, was so that I could leave the game open 24/7 and would not have to "set-up" each session

some questions I have though are:
    1. Does each player need to buy their own FG Full lic. in order to create & save their own characters (I know they can connect with the demo version only...but then are the characters being created on ult.lic.)?
    2. If the players use the demo only, and buy the C&C Ruleset, will it load onto their computers and be recognized by the demo? or do they need to by the full lic for the rulesets to work

thanks again for your help...
    Adventurer1

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer1 View Post
    some questions I have though are:
    1. Does each player need to buy their own FG Full lic. in order to create & save their own characters (I know they can connect with the demo version only...but then are the characters being created on ult.lic.)?
    2. If the players use the demo only, and buy the C&C Ruleset, will it load onto their computers and be recognized by the demo? or do they need to by the full lic for the rulesets to work
    The demo license can use Manage Characters for any installed rulesets. If the player has a demo license and buys the C&C ruleset then they can use manage characters to create and maintain C&C characters outside of the GMs campaign within manage characters.

They can, of course, make use of the ultimate license GM's campaign to create characters/edit existing ones etc. by joining that campaign. But, the campaign has to be running and accessible for this approach to be available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The demo license can use Manage Characters for any installed rulesets. If the player has a demo license and buys the C&C ruleset then they can use manage characters to create and maintain C&C characters outside of the GMs campaign within manage characters.

They can, of course, make use of the ultimate license GM's campaign to create characters/edit existing ones etc. by joining that campaign. But, the campaign has to be running and accessible for this approach to be available.
    WOOHOO!!!!! that is awesome. I was afraid they would not be able to build C&C characters "OUTSIDE" of the GM's campaign.

Using the 'Manage Character' option, while having the C&C ruleset, the players will create their own character sheets. Do I then import those characters into the Campaign, or do they do the import? (I know their characters will be saved as .xml files on their local drives)

Another question:
    As a GM, do you think it is best to roll the character stats with the whole party together in the first session of starting a campaign? Or do you think it is better to just have the players build their characters on their own and bring them to the first game session? Asking from the "what do you like" perspective

Thank you so much again for answering all these newbie questions...
    Adventurer1

Thread Information