STAR TREK 2d20
Page 50 of 52 First ... 404849505152 Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. There are a few options here...

1. Add an ‘Edit’ button to the bottom right to “unlock” this option. The button to roll ability scores would only show in edit mode and would appear next to the Edit button, similar to other tabs on the char sheet.

2. Add a ‘Roll Ability Scores’ option to the radial menu when you right-click on the character sheet (maybe with a second click for confirmation). This might be over-looked if you don’t know it’s there, but no risk of accidental re-rolls.

3. Leave the button where it is but add a confirmation dialog box.

I would be interested to hear opinions. I listed these in order of my preference, but I am flexible. Removing it is also an option, but if you need to roll up a few zeroes for a funnel, the old method is tedious.

Blog Entries
    I don’t know about the plan for releasing other Goodman Games products. Maybe Doug can answer that? I assume we will see a steady stream of new content. Personally, I think the system-neutral “alphabet” books would be perfect with FG’s tables.

I am working hard to add features to the ruleset that incorporate more official content, so ongoing support of the ruleset is definitely happening. I might be a little slower to answer forum posts, but I am here.

I will start a new thread for the official ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Regarding a thread for the official ruleset... Which ‘Game Systems’ sub-forum makes more sense - Classic D&D (as an OSR system) or CoreRPG/Other?

Blog Entries
    It is based on the 3.0/3.5 SRD, but the feel is meant to be more older style, so classic D&D makes sense as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thanks for exploring these options.

I'm not sure about the radial menu (2.) for the reason you mention. It seems hard to discover. (Admittedly, I haven't played much FG yet, so if this is a common solution, it might make sense here as well.)

Both 1. and 3. sound like fine solutions to me.

Would an Edit button gate any other changes as well? I'm guessing you wouldn't want to lock down manual attribute editing, as this often happens during the course of a DCC session (when a special attack causes STR damage, for example, or you use spellburn).

Which reminds me of another feature request: The ability to track both permanent and current attribute values would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. There are a few options here...

1. Add an ‘Edit’ button to the bottom right to “unlock” this option. The button to roll ability scores would only show in edit mode and would appear next to the Edit button, similar to other tabs on the char sheet.

2. Add a ‘Roll Ability Scores’ option to the radial menu when you right-click on the character sheet (maybe with a second click for confirmation). This might be over-looked if you don’t know it’s there, but no risk of accidental re-rolls.

3. Leave the button where it is but add a confirmation dialog box.

I would be interested to hear opinions. I listed these in order of my preference, but I am flexible. Removing it is also an option, but if you need to roll up a few zeroes for a funnel, the old method is tedious.

Blog Entries
    I will experiment with the Edit button. It would not lock anything other than ability rolls. Updates go out on Tuesday.

Spellburn and luck burn are on my list. The free module from the 7th printing (Yddgrrl’s Maze) needs to be added first, but that should be available by the end of the month.

Blog Entries
    I recommend tracking ability loss in the combat tracker for now. For example, the judge might create the effect ‘Spellburn; STR:-3; STA:-1’ with duration 0. I honestly prefer that to tracking on the character sheet from a coding perspective, but not everyone will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Regarding a thread for the official ruleset... Which ‘Game Systems’ sub-forum makes more sense - Classic D&D (as an OSR system) or CoreRPG/Other?
    I recommend you request a new sub forum specific to DCC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any plans to automate spell casting in the future? I can't even see how to make base spell check roll, i can see modifier for it but no dice to roll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Any plans to automate spell casting in the future? I can't even see how to make base spell check roll, i can see modifier for it but no dice to roll
    It is similar to the 5E ruleset. Drop a spell to the character sheet, right-click on the spell, and select ‘Add Action’ followed by ‘Add Cast’. By default, this will roll a d20 using your base spell check modifier, but you can click the magnifying glass icon to adjust the settings. I believe that some actions will parse automatically when the spell is added, which is something I plan to improve.

I have considered creating rollable spell tables as an alternative. The spell check result would display in the chat window, but you lose the ability to target NPCs, auto-roll NPCs saves, and apply effect modifiers from the combat tracker. Load times for the module might increase considerably as well - tables require some real estate on the back end.

Thread Information