DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to do but...you just set the values here for the levels it changes.
    Ah, sorry. I will create a module with a bit of data (classes, monster, items) from D&D Basic and/or Rules Cyclopedia and check if everything works as expected. Thanks again for you help.

Just a short update and question:
    I started entering the data from the D&D Basic Set:
    - Spells seem to be okay, although BECMI seems to have no casting time. Also spell blocks do not have a Save entry; the spell parser might need some tweeking, but it is useable. You just need to update the spell later.
    - Monster seem to be okay so far
    - Entered the Cleric, and it seems the automatic turn undead feature needs to be updated as BEMCI uses 2d6, and a lot longer turning table (up to level 36). And it has different Undead monsters. Additionally, it not only has a D+ (additional 1d6 HD destroyed) but also D# (additional 2d6 HD destroyed).

And here comes my question:
    What changes are needed to make turning work? My guess is:
    - update turn_name_index
    - set nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxHD to 14
    - set nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxLevel to 36
    - set nDefaultTurnDice to 2d6?
    - update aTurnUndead
    - code changes?

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    - Spells seem to be okay, although BECMI seems to have no casting time. Also spell blocks do not have a Save entry; the spell parser might need some tweeking, but it is useable. You just need to update the spell later.

- Entered the Cleric, and it seems the automatic turn undead feature needs to be updated as BEMCI uses 2d6, and a lot longer turning table (up to level 36). And it has different Undead monsters. Additionally, it not only has a D+ (additional 1d6 HD destroyed) but also D# (additional 2d6 HD destroyed).

And here comes my question:
    What changes are needed to make turning work? My guess is:
    - update turn_name_index
    - set nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxHD to 14
    - set nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxLevel to 36
    - set nDefaultTurnDice to 2d6?
    - update aTurnUndead
    - code changes?

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Re: Turn Undead
    You can try and use the built in system and make an extension to manipulate it or... use Tables. Tables will probably be easier in the long run. Speaking without looking at the code right now what you've listed sounds about right.

"Spells seem to be okay, although BECMI seems to have no casting time." Not sure what you mean here. The parser is intended for AD&D style entries. I don't mind tweaking it if you can tell me the parameters that are the same but are listed differently... assuming it's as simple as that. Look at the previous dump of values I am looking for and compare that to what the RC is using and tell me what will work for ya. Keep in mind, the limits of that system and it's intended source.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Re: Turn Undead
    You can try and use the built in system and make an extension to manipulate it or... use Tables. Tables will probably be easier in the long run. Speaking without looking at the code right now what you've listed sounds about right.
    Thanks, but I seem to have trouble with the turning dice. I thought it might be just as simple as replacing the d20 turning dice with 2d6. But the code does not like it:
    Code:
      -- default turn dice size 
      nDefaultTurnDice = {"2d6"};
      DataCommonADND.nDefaultTurnDice = nDefaultTurnDice;
    Double clicking on the Turn icon does not work anymore. Dragging the turn icon will change to a small weapon token instead of a dice:
    turn Undead.jpg

"Spells seem to be okay, although BECMI seems to have no casting time." Not sure what you mean here. The parser is intended for AD&D style entries. I don't mind tweaking it if you can tell me the parameters that are the same but are listed differently... assuming it's as simple as that. Look at the previous dump of values I am looking for and compare that to what the RC is using and tell me what will work for ya. Keep in mind, the limits of that system and it's intended source.
    This is an example to show you what I mean. This is the spell entry for lightning bolt:
    Code:
    Lightning Bolt
    Range: 180'
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Effect: Bolt 60' long. 5' wide
    This spell creates a bolt of lightning. starting up to 180' away from the caster and extending 60' in a straight line further away. All creatures within the area of effect take ld6 points of damage per level of the spellcaster. (Thus a 6th level elf would cast a lighcning bole doing 6d6 points of damage.)
    Each victim may make a saving throw vs. spells; if successful. he takes only half damage.
    If the lightning bole mikes a solid surface (such as a wall). it will bounce back toward the caster until the total length of the bolt is 60'.
    And this is the resulting spell:
    Lightning Bolt.jpg
    Lightning Bolt2.jpg

It would be great if the importer could just omit the Cast Time and Save from the Summary block and the "Save: Spell" default in Actions. That would speed up importing BECMI spells a lot.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks, but I seem to have trouble with the turning dice. I thought it might be just as simple as replacing the d20 turning dice with 2d6. But the code does not like it:
    Code:
      -- default turn dice size 
      nDefaultTurnDice = {"2d6"};
      DataCommonADND.nDefaultTurnDice = nDefaultTurnDice;
    Double clicking on the Turn icon does not work anymore. Dragging the turn icon will change to a small weapon token instead of a dice:
    turn Undead.jpg

This is an example to show you what I mean. This is the spell entry for lightning bolt:
    Code:
    Lightning Bolt
    Range: 180'
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Effect: Bolt 60' long. 5' wide
    This spell creates a bolt of lightning. starting up to 180' away from the caster and extending 60' in a straight line further away. All creatures within the area of effect take ld6 points of damage per level of the spellcaster. (Thus a 6th level elf would cast a lighcning bole doing 6d6 points of damage.)
    Each victim may make a saving throw vs. spells; if successful. he takes only half damage.
    If the lightning bole mikes a solid surface (such as a wall). it will bounce back toward the caster until the total length of the bolt is 60'.

It would be great if the importer could just omit the Cast Time and Save from the Summary block and the "Save: Spell" default in Actions. That would speed up importing BECMI spells a lot.

Thanks again for your help.

Try {"d6","d6"}

The reason there is no cast time or save is because neither are mentioned in the spell. Without the data there I can't capture to add it and based on AD&D formatting I apply a default save of "Spell".
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Try {"d6","d6"}
    Thank you, that did the trick. The new table works, but I may still need to change the automatic turning function a bit to support the BECMI quirks.

Also, could you please tell me how the targeting feature of turning undead works? Draging and dropping the Turn icon on an undeat monster does not seem to do anything.

The reason there is no cast time or save is because neither are mentioned in the spell. Without the data there I can't capture to add it and based on AD&D formatting I apply a default save of "Spell".
    That is okay, it is not a big issue.

Thank you, that did the trick. The new table works, but I may still need to change the automatic turning function a bit to support the BECMI quirks.

Also, could you please tell me how the targeting feature of turning undead works? Draging and dropping the Turn icon on an undeat monster does not seem to do anything.

That is okay, it is not a big issue.
    Turn undead requires targetS so drag/drop will not work. If you drag/drop on each npc it wont work how the rules say it should. You'll turn more than you should be able to/etc. You need to target the npcs you wish to turn and then roll the turn attempt.
    ---

Okay, I created another pull request with my changes to automatic turn undead. Not sure if turn_name_index makes any sense, I entered the HD of all undeads in the Cleric's Turn Table. There are a lot of overlaps, not sure if they will cause any issues.

It would be great if you could maybe update onRoll function in that way that both 1e/2e and BECMI are both working with the same code. You need to add support for D# (that is not used in 1e/2e, so it would not hurt) and make the extra rolls configurable (instead of hard coding them for each ruleset).

Thanks,
    Josef

Okay, I created another pull request with my changes to automatic turn undead. Not sure if turn_name_index makes any sense, I entered the HD of all undeads in the Cleric's Turn Table. There are a lot of overlaps, not sure if they will cause any issues.

It would be great if you could maybe update onRoll function in that way that both 1e/2e and BECMI are both working with the same code. You need to add support for D# (that is not used in 1e/2e, so it would not hurt) and make the extra rolls configurable (instead of hard coding them for each ruleset).

Thanks,
    Josef
    This will not work.

The entries need to all have the same array length.

aTurnUndead[ 1] = { 7, 9,11, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0};

14. If the values are all the same for every level, use that number for each.

In AD&D those are "ranks" for level ranges (14)

---

I tested it, and using the style aMatrix[x] = aMatrix[y] works. But if you do not like this then I will update the code and duplicate the arrays.

Thread Information