FG Spreadshirt Swag

token stacking order.

Hi,

Token stacking is still an issue, even without any extensions enabled.

If you drag on an asset token, say a cart of some type, see 'gm_token.jpg',

with no players joined, then the player/npc tokens will be under this token. Making it a pain to use, the cart should be under all the npc/player tokens on gm/client machines.

when a player joins, on the gm side you get 'joined.jpg' with the gm seeing the cart token on top of npc tokens and the player tokens been on top of all the tokens. Making it hard for the gm with the cart on top of the npc tokens.

Obviously with a player joined or not really should not change the draw order of the stack, and tokens not npc/player tokens should be below npc/player tokens. ( And only the player token for the player joined jumps to the top of the stack... other on joined player tokens end up stuck on the cart for the gm to deal with.. )

On the client/player side, they get much the same as the GM, with npc tokens been under the cart token and the player token been on top of the cart. ( Which is less an issue for the player because they can get to the player token to move... )

But with the 'cart' not below everything, you can not set up say 4x npc sitting in a cart. ( While if you had 4 players joined they could sit in the cart, but anybody not joined would be under the cart. )

Can the stack draw order be corrected such that non combat tracker tokens are below combat tracker items. ( Or some way to mark a token when added to the map, if its an active combat tracker item... ie was added via the gm to the map or via the 'combattrackerff' drop system ? )

Thanks, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Enhancements requests should be voted on in the Wish list, or added if not already there.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I can't agree more with this being changed. It is one of the top things that would improve the game experience as soon as it was in play both for me and the players.

I found it in the list and voted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Enhancements requests should be voted on in the Wish list, or added if not already there.
    The fact it changes the draw order depending on if a player is connected for me makes it both a 'bug' and something that needs to be fixed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    They've already come out saying that the # of votes does not matter. So if we need to get votes, I will start making an add campaign to get items we like to get the word out to people to vote on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    The fact it changes the draw order depending on if a player is connected for me makes it both a 'bug' and something that needs to be fixed properly.
    100% to me sounds like it should be listed as a bug.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    They've already come out saying that the # of votes does not matter. So if we need to get votes, I will start making an add campaign to get items we like to get the word out to people to vote on it.
    No, that is not what the developers have said. They have said that the number of votes is a factor, but not the only factor, they use to determine what they work on.

No doubt they also take into consideration things like;
    - feature similarity and grouping. If they are working on X, are their other enhancements in the same area of functionality that they can incorporate at the same time for less resource need?
    - marketability. Is this a feature that the business has determined is something they can use in their advertising
    - level of effort versus return. Will it be easy or hard (in terms of resources and risk) to implement and how valuable is the enhancement.
    - feedback from other sources, be that industry insiders, social media, etc
    - how does the feature fit into their long term product vision. i.e. sure something like AI combat get a lot of votes, but not only would it require lots of resources, but it does not fit their long term product vision
    - support and maintenance impact. How much overhead is an enhancement likely to incur.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    It might be. Only one of the devs can reply if it is behaving as intended or not.

Its good that you clarified this aspect and hopefully Moon et al will take a look and reply soon.

Thread Information