5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Getting my FG campaigns into the Steam version

Hi!

Can anyone point me to the best practice with regards to getting my Fantasy Grounds database into the Steam version of the game? I've been running FG under Wine on Linux for some years, now I've installed it under Steam and would like to move all my data to that version.

Thanks!

When you say database what are you talking about? Are you talking about your campaign data or are you talking about purchased content?

If the former then you'll need to find where you installed your FGData folder originally and copy the campaigns folder from within that to the new location of your FGData folder. If you are talking about DLC then unless you have purchased DLC from Steam you don't need to do anything particular. If you do have DLC from Steam then you need to synchronise your Smiteworks and Steam accounts. Go into settings and click Manage and then follow the on screen instructions.

One other thing you might want to do - if you haven't done this already is to click on the Steam games menu at the top and select Activate a product on Steam and enter your license key when prompted.

Note that content purchased from the Store will not show up on Steam purchases and vice versa.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes I have the modules and purchased content, I am talking about my campaigns.

Ok, I have found the campaigns folder and copied it over. The destination was well hidden but I figured it out using the file browsers inside FG.
    For me the path was:

/media/data/steam/steamapps/compatdata/252690/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns

Thanks for your help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliev View Post
    Yes I have the modules and purchased content, I am talking about my campaigns.

Ok, I have found the campaigns folder and copied it over. The destination was well hidden but I figured it out using the file browsers inside FG.
    For me the path was:

/media/data/steam/steamapps/compatdata/252690/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns

Thanks for your help!
    Back them up while you are at it!

Thread Information