DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Installing FG on Mac - Not As Easy As I Thought

Running into a lot of problems here. I'm an Ultimate license user and been playing FG on a PC for years. Recently got a Mac and trying to install it using Wineskin.

Ran into a lot of problems, but I think I finally got it running. Created a new campaign and launched it; everything seems okay, until I tried to add a portrait image on a PC using the folder button. It opens a "wine explorer" with only a few folders (document, trash, computer) that looks a lot like an old version of Windows Explorer. Could not find for the life of me the campaign folders anywhere on the Mac (which, BTW, was one of the original problems when trying to locate FG II from the Finder folder to right-click and show contents). I still can't find it; only in the Launcher.

So I'm trying to find the path, went online again to see if someone had similar issues, and I just gave up! It's really frustrating. I'll try again later, but I reached a point in which I rather not run FG on my Mac (I prefer since I got a large screen and got tired of running FG on my PC laptop).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-PJ

Blog Entries
    This is the easiest way and works for most mac users....

Go to Images and click the Folder icon top left (might vary from ruleset to ruleset) and then go up two levels and you should see your other folders like portraits and extensions etc. If Portraits or Tokens folders dont exist you can create them there.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This is the easiest way and works for most mac users....

Go to Images and click the Folder icon top left (might vary from ruleset to ruleset) and then go up two levels and you should see your other folders like portraits and extensions etc. If Portraits or Tokens folders dont exist you can create them there.
    Thanks for your help!

This is window I get when I click "folder" under Images. I try to go up two levels but it's at the highest level. Also, I tried creating folders but I don't have an option to do it (even right-clicking).

Attachment 10397

-PJ

Blog Entries
    This is info provided by Zeus to another user on how to get it to use the Finder window instead of WINE Explorer.

Regardless, to get the Finder to appear in place of the horrible X Windows file browser, the user will need to follow these steps:

1. In Finder right click on the FantasyGrounds.app
    2. Select 'Show Package Contents' from the popup menu
    3. Launch the Wineskin.app from the list of files now showing
    4. When the Wineskin.app launches it displays a dialogue with a menu, select Advanced
    5. The 'Wineskin Advanced' window will be displayed, select the Tools tab
    6. Now click on the 'Registry Editor (regedit)' button
    7. In the registry editor locate the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> folder -> shell -> open
    8. Right click on the key open and select New -> Key
    9. Rename key you just created to command
    10. Select the command key and double click on the key field in the right panel
    11. Chance the Value data text box to C:\windows\system32\winebrowser.exe "%1"
    12. Click OK. Changes will be saved.
    13. Close the registry editor and the Wineskin Advanced window, then launch FantasyGrounds.app

Finder window should now appear when the data folder button on the Launcher is clicked or from within a campaign when loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    This is info provided by Zeus to another user on how to get it to use the Finder window instead of WINE Explorer.
    It worked! It freakin' worked!!! Thank you!

The only thing I'm still having trouble with (and it's a minor thing; I found a workaround) is that when I go to Finder, I cannot see FantasyGrounds.app (under Application folder), but when I go to the LaunchPad it shows up (with the ugly Wineskin icon, ugh).

For me to "find" it and 'Show Package Contents' I have to go to the Finder > Go > Go To Folder... > ~/applications/wineskin

Finally, is there a way to change the Icon to Fantasy Grounds icon?

Thanks again!

-PJ

I figured out how to change the icon!

The only thing left is FantasyGrounds.app not showing up in Finder.

-PJ

Blog Entries
    For the icon, right-click on the current icon for the FantasyGrounds.app and select Get Info. Drag one of these over. I'm following Zeus' advice again, so he can correct me if I misspoke.

Sorry, the attachment got blocked. Unzip the attachment to get the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    For the icon, right-click on the current icon for the FantasyGrounds.app and select Get Info. Drag one of these over. I'm following Zeus' advice again, so he can correct me if I misspoke.

Sorry, the attachment got blocked. Unzip the attachment to get the icons.
    Thank you! It worked

-PJ

Thread Information