FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 16 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Clicking the "+1", "+2", etc buttons does not add the modifier to a damage roll.

Also, can you put it on the list to automatically add the "effect" of a to hit roll into the modifiers so the damage roll adds it automatically?

When a player rolls something (characteristic check, skill check, whatever) while an NPC is the "active" character in the CT, it says the NPC is the one that rolled it (though the portrait is correct...)

WOIN_Error.jpg

This is the error. I get it by trying to create or open a note in Notes. Ditto any clients. I believe it's the same error players see when they open the Combat Tracker (clients see that one, not the GM).

This is the forum for the Traveller ruleset...

Afternoon All,

Been working on Traveller this morning (and a bit over the last week), PSI still isn't finished, can't make up my mind on how I want it to work, but fixed some bugs.

Fixed: Dragging Autofile with no Gun Combat (Slug Rifle) but Gun Combat correctly finds the 'base skill', if no 'base skill' exists and JoaT does, it uses that.
    Fixed: CT (applied updates from Moon Wizard - where my code overrode updates to CT) - still a graphical bug to fix but no errors (working in that now)
    Fixed: Worlds Data - Law Level is now correctly set*/**
    Possibly Fixed: Look at the issue with the NPC being the 'named character' even if the PC's make the dice rolls.***

*If you already have worlds entered, edit the UWP but change the Law Level (final digit before the -) to something different, then reset to the original level.
    ** Also note that Tripwire (Adventure) had this issue, so I've updated the data - there's an update to this module.
    *** I've been refactoring the CT, removing a lot of code, so it's possible I fixed this earlier. However if I have the Vargr Assassin active in the CT, yet Dr Thunder makes a roll to hit, the Chat Window shows Dr. Thunder made the attack.

Other updates coming in 1.08 (which I'll push tomorrow - regardless of PSI completed or not, just want the bugs fixed)

Add the modifiers +1, +2 etc to the Damage Rolls.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 30th, 2018 at 15:03.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Clicking the "+1", "+2", etc buttons does not add the modifier to a damage roll.

Also, can you put it on the list to automatically add the "effect" of a to hit roll into the modifiers so the damage roll adds it automatically?
    Afternoon Chap,

Adding the +1, +2 to Damage Rolls, can you point out which effects modify damage as Traveller doesn't really have many effects.

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Still have problems with the weapon skills. If I drop a weapon, it should look for the specialization, then the general skill, and if neither of those, then use -3. Say I have "Gun Combat (Slug Pistol)" at 2, "Gun Combat" at 0, if I drop an "Autopistol" it should give me "2", which it does. If I drop an "Autorifle" it should give me a "0", but it gives me a "-3" instead.
    Fixed this, was down to an extra space on the base skill, ie 'gun combat ' comparing to the skill of 'gun combat'.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Adding the +1, +2 to Damage Rolls, can you point out which effects modify damage as Traveller doesn't really have many effects.
    The "effect" is the margin by which you hit. If you roll a to hit of 11, the effect is 3 (11 - 8) - and you add a +3 to the damage roll. This should automatically be added to the modifiers box...

From the "Skills and Tasks" section of the rules:
    If the degree of success is important, then subtract 8 from the total of the dice roll plus Dice Modifers. This margin of success is referred to as the Effect. For example, if a player rolls a 4 and 3, and has a +3 DM for a total of 10, then his Effect is 10 – 8 = 2.
    From the "Damage" section of the rules:
    Each weapon lists the damage it inflicts as a number of d6. Add the Effect of the attack roll to this damage.

The "effect" is the margin by which you hit. If you roll a to hit of 11, the effect is 3 (11 - 8) - and you add a +3 to the damage roll. This should automatically be added to the modifiers box...

From the "Skills and Tasks" section of the rules:

From the "Damage" section of the rules:
    Chap,

Thanks, but send me the pages from the manual for the 'effect' and 'skills and tasks' and 'damage'.

I've decided to re-write the CT using the CoreRPG and then add the iMod/End/Str/Dex.

Thanks,
    Col

"Skills and Tasks" are on page 50, "Damage" is on page 65 of my PDF of the Core Rulebook.

They're also in the Reference Manual of the rulebook included with the ruleset:

Thread Information