DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Dragonlance - Shadow of the Dragon Queen

I've just loaded up the new Dragonlance module and I'm aghast at the conversion. The very first combat encounter - during the preludes section - has no encounter set up and no loot parcel either. So far every map I can see has the GM version rather than the player version. It mentions how to use the flow chart and then as far as I can see it does not include the flow chart.

Is this how Fantasy Grounds modules will be released from now on? I'm finding so many missing things and poorly done entries that I'm looking at hours and hours of work to get this in a playable state.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywonderful View Post
    So far every map I can see has the GM version rather than the player version.
    I don't have the product, but looking at the screenshots in the store page - is there a GM layer in the image which is only visible to the GM? This is being done more and more in recent module conversions - removing the need for two different maps (GM and player) and allowing GM info to be visible only to the GM on the map used for encounters.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No, the images used are the GM versions with the labels all over them. Even the map of Vogler has all the locations labelled when the party are visiting the place for the first time. There are player versions of every map, I have them via D&D Beyond, so I'm now faced with having to import and then do the LoS on every map as well as re-setting all the encounters before I can even think of letting my players see any of this.

I'm finding duplicate links, random speach bubbles when they should be title headings, missing items and various other things. This is an appalling conversion.

Blog Entries
    Please post some screenshots of what you are seeing that looks bad. The room labels are shown to players, but all GM only stuff is hidden on GM only layers. Players won’t see those.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 2 - Fallen Caravan was fixed to add the encounters and the loot parcel. The heading formatting for that section was also corrected.

The maps are as they were provided to us by Wizards of the Coast. We do not have access to layered maps with room #s or labels not on them -- other than a few maps where there was secret information, and on the poster map. Those were done with multiple layers and hidden layers marked as GM only.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...510#post670510

If D&D Beyond was provided with layered maps without the room and location labels, you can import those and copy it to a layer just above the one in the module. If you resize it properly, it will retain the LOS definitions for maps that contain LOS.

I would say that the City of Vogler locations are very generic locations in a small town. There is no LOS and no encounters in the town. It would be reasonable to assume that locations would be easily known even to outsiders as they walk around. The names are noteworthy items like Wharf, Market, River Gate, Mayor's Home, etc.

If you did not get the player versions of the maps then why did you not query this with WotC? They are obviously available to other platforms.

I have downloaded the latest patch, but I am unable to show you any of the problems I have with the module because now when I attempt to open the GM reference manual all I get is this:

Screenshot 2022-12-07 081649.jpg

Blog Entries
    Oops. Apologies for this. The campaign db.xml was pushed by accident. Please try running another update. It should be resolved.

For the images, we don't know what other platforms get. In the case of D&D Beyond, they are now fully owned by Wizards of the Coast and one and the same. We get InDesign files for everything along with PSD files for all images. The map styles frequently change from one module to the next in D&D. Some of them are full-color and some of them are lower details. As a GM for several decades, I would not think that the map of Vogler would need a separate player map. Room #s displayed in rooms was a bit curious to me, but appeared to be the style they were now going with for this module. Roll20 doesn't show many maps in their product page, but they also show the Vogler map with labels. Once you get the newest version of the module and you can share with us differences you are seeing between the D&D Beyond versions of maps and the ones we are using, we can check with WOTC to see if we can gain those. To properly set expectations, please be aware that most of WOTC is closed down for the holiday starting this week.

The module is working again now.

I do know that Wizards have bought D&D Beyond and I recognise that some things will be exclusive to that platform, such as the Monstrous Compendium entries this week. However, I can't believe that player versions of the maps in an official module release will be gated behind the D&D beyond platform. That would be extremely consumer unfriendly.

Some examples of the images/maps you are missing are these:

Wheelwatch Outpost - the party are tasked with observing then infiltrating an outpost to locate the gate controls and open the gates. This is a scenario I might want the Rogue/Scout to shine or possibly a Wizard with a familiar to feel useful. Instead the image provided has GATE CONTROLS and two arrows pointing to them in big letters.

Wheelwatch Outpost.jpg

The image marked as "Player Version" is as below.

map-4.02-wheelhouse-outpost-player.png

Sunward Fortress - the players enter a large cavern and see a mysterious object unlike anything they have seen before. Except it's clearly labelled what it is on the map.

Sunward Fortress.jpg

The image we don't have is below.

map-5.03-sunward-fortress-player.png

I have a total of 23 player versions of the maps, but this forum will not allow me to post them all in this post. Some are more frustrating than others as some are just images with numbers on them versus the player versions without any numbers or labels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I second the issue with the labels - Player Maps should not have the labels as it gives a lot of meta information to players.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Is the accompanying campaign not loaded into "story" like every other pre-made I have bought from FG? fg.pngfg.png I have the module loaded.

Thread Information